The Happy Thread

Duncy H

17 minutes ago, aener said:

I love terrace rows like that. Everyone's had slightly different extensions put on and makes it look absolutely nuts. Such an organic looking development of something so inorganic and designed for primarily with functionality:cost in mind.

Is that the EPDM stuff? I nearly went with that until I went full-timber.

Yeah - EPDM, was easier to install than a fibreglass one but more expensive. Should last a long time though and looks pretty pro with the trims. 

yeah they are all becoming more and more different along the terrace - ours has by far the worst solution :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno how much traction this clip is getting as I'm not on socials; well, youtube: I guess you could construde YT as socials; well anyway, not on 'em and never was.

Said clip did bring a wry smile across my face when it popped up on the homepage feed of my YT* and warmed the cockles of my jaded cynical anti establishment** heart as I watched it. FWIW if I had been eligible, there is NFW I'd of voted Biden. Deffo not a trumpite either though. Probs would have abstained to be honest. Maybe I'd vote for the people at a lower level of governance [like equivalent of our town councils] but yeah I feel like it'd be like our lot last time - Labour should be the go to where I live but never was comrade corbyn getting my cross, and the day I vote tory is the day my ancestor's smite me from the beyond.

*I don't care a jot whether any of ^ is true, false or kinda both, for the record.

** I know quoting fox news about the ruling powers of a country of which I have no iron in the fire, and being naturally distrusting of power or establishment is ironic, trust me I'm no fan of the Murdochs. What I mean is that above video does nothing but galvanise my loathing and scorn of politicians, who (hyperbolically) all are self serving hypocrite invertebrates profiting on the (mis)fortunes of others and shit on any moral standpoints they claim to have (had) whenever they smell either the paycheck, grasp of power or P45 coming in)  

Edited by CC12345678910

After casually searching for a used Inspired for most of the year, one just showed up in my very own city. So there's a fair chance I'll be getting myself one this weekend. Unfortunately it's a fourplay pro which is more bike than I need, it's also listed at $1800, so it all boils down to how low this guy is willing to go, hopefully the idea that he'll get cash and won't have to ship it will convince him to come down to $1400, but I feel like that's going to be a battle I won't win.

Edit: Forgot about import tax so his $1800 pricetag wasn't too unreasonable, he wouldn't go low enough. Poo.