Chris Forster - Inspired Skye

chris4stars

Been a good while since ive been on here! have not riden as much as id like to this year...busy with work and other commitments, more focus on my health and fitness but it seems to have helped riding too

anyway - inspired after a recent group ride in kirkcaldy to kick start it off again, i decided to get my act together and do something myself

so here you go...3 years of rding in and im prett pleased with the result - still love the bike (!!) and looking forward to see what 2013 has to offer on it :)

• Like 5

Thanks for all the comments guys! much appreciated, smooth was what ive been trying to aim for, mr rowlands vids are pretty much where i get the most of the 'id love to ride like that' inspirations....you'll know what i mean if youve seen them

Footplant tailwhitzerland squeaker.

Never seen that before!

haha brilliant name for it, never knew it had one! i saw someone do a tailwhip thing with their foot ages ago...think it was near to that iconic riding bit in london, what i did is just a more basic version of that :)

Nice Chris, really cool vid with sweets moves!

I liked the gap over Edinburgh and the fun combo at the end!

Miss riding up there.

thanks! the combo at the end only came about because i chickened out of doing the big ball next to it (if you know where i mean)...guessing you dont miss the cold and icey conditions in winter!

Cool BMX man! Nah seriously, that was an enjoyable watch :) I am curious to know, have you ever been asked if you are Danny Mac whilst riding the streets of Edinburgh?

happens from time to time, 3 of us up here have skyes and its always asked...when i started, i had the blue fourplay with white forks and it even happened then too - not down to good riding, they just see someone bouncing on the rear wheel on something and shout "do a backflip!"

That's the beauty that is Scottish Parliament. A little different from Westminster.

Cool video Chris - pretty quickly put together too! Some cool lines there and some stuff i'll have to try out that I've not seen before around Edinburgh. The nose-plant-tailwhip-o-matic-switzerland-squeeker was ace!

• 2 weeks later...
A colour would change your riding style? Wow. Anyway you can always do what Chris has done to get a green Skye.....

Meaning that i would probably buy the Skye, i would keep my Zoo! for TGS but the green Skye is beautiful. Can't do full TGS on it now, can i?

Also; changing the colour would result in a void warranty, no? If i paid £2299 for a bike, ild like the keep the warranty as long as i could.

Edited by AkuskaUK

Yeah you can. I can gap, tap and side hop my Skye as high as I have any previous bike.

Yes you're right respraying it would void the warranty so you could in that instance do what I'm doing....wait for the warranty to run out (by which point any little issues will have either occurred or be ironed out hopefully) then do it. It only comes with a 6 month warranty anyway.

• 3 months later...
Also; changing the colour would result in a void warranty, no? If i paid £2299 for a bike, ild like the keep the warranty as long as i could.
If all your worried about warranty then your thinking along the wrong lines. With the spec of what are you worried about? Brakes- paint wouldn't effect the warranty Hubs- again paint wouldn't do anything. About the only issue you would have after painting is frame and fork warranty. Inspireds shave amazing quality so I doubt you would have to worry about the warranty.