16T Freewheel Options

Miss-Higgy

Going to be running truvativ cranks with a 22t chainring. Opting for a fixed rear wheel and rear fitted freewheel. There's quite a few freewheel makes out there and very few i trust :P

Does anyone have one sat there there they are willing to part with. Or can you point me in the right direction of something worth it?

For give me I was thinking trials, most freewheels over £9.99 should be fine

I hope this was said in jest as people are gonna be getting warns about this. Riding an Inspired doesn't mean you're not riding trials so any comments giving this opinion will be classed as flaming and dealt with accordingly.

Had enough of this us and them mentality regarding what trials is or isn't.

• Like 2

For give me I was thinking trials, most freewheels over £9.99 should be fine

Many of our customers who ride the newer compy-style 24" bikes use either 18:13 or 18:14 (when using 'normal' length cranks anyway, I know some riders use 160s/165s with 18:15 but they're very much in a minority, and almost all the newer frames are designed around 18:14). 22:16 works out as being between the two of those. As proof of that, 18:13 = 1.385, 22:16 = 1.375, 18:14 = 1.286.

As always though, you clearly know best Dave in spite of a shitload of evidence to the contrary.

EDIT: It's also not particular common to run 20:18 either, as that'd work out being light (it's effectively 16.6:15), which is why most people ran 22:18 or 20:17. But yeah, you know best Dave, you know best...

• Like 2

Many of our customers who ride the newer compy-style 24" bikes use either 18:13 or 18:14 (when using 'normal' length cranks anyway, I know some riders use 160s/165s with 18:15 but they're very much in a minority, and almost all the newer frames are designed around 18:14). 22:16 works out as being between the two of those. As proof of that, 18:13 = 1.384, 22:16 = 1.375, 18:14 = 1.286.

As always though, you clearly know best Dave in spite of a shitload of evidence to the contrary.

EDIT: It's also not particular common to run 20:18 either, as that'd work out being light (it's effectively 16.6:15), which is why most people ran 22:18 or 20:17. But yeah, you know best Dave, you know best...

Pfffft,I run 21:18 :P

I was thinking 26" as she mentioned those cranks

Wasn't thinking about 24" gearing

Any 22-19 or 20-17 was always the gearing used for trials many years ago when I first started, way before you knew what trials was so don't give me this know it all shit.

And if my original post wasn't any use to the personal who started the topic. Never mind as your clearly just looking to show how above me you are. Enjoy yourself

I was thinking 26" as she mentioned those cranks

Wasn't thinking about 24" gearing

Any 22-19 or 20-17 was always the gearing used for trials many years ago when I first started, way before you knew what trials was so don't give me this know it all shit.

And if my original post wasn't any use to the personal who started the topic. Never mind as your clearly just looking to show how above me you are. Enjoy yourself