Warranty..

SamKidney

I dont know if its just me, or the horrible truth, but I think my forks have bent again.

It happened first on a set of the earlier Echo Urban 24" Vee forks, and these are the 2013 ones I got under warranty in October.

Do the warranty replacements, my 2013 urbans, come covered under their own warranty? They have been very lightly used, and I have literally done around 5 hooks in that time. I'll get photos stuck up soon.

Not too scratched up either.

Anyone know what may be causing this? Seems odd that two sets of urbans would both bend so quickly, if these have.

Im no monster, and dont bash my bike about much at all, least of all doing hooks. Im pathetic at them.

• Like 1

i can see the reasoning behind it, otherwise you could buy a new set of forks and snap them every 5 months, therfore havea lifetime supply...

But it does seem naff though, if you snap a set in 5 months and get them replaced, then the next snap in just over a month, they wont replace it :/

Hold on... forks have a 6 month warranty?

For example - when I was a little noob learning trackstand and rear wheel hops I broke: 2 chineese forks(5 months lasts neon curved blade, 1 month lasts echo urban 2012) and 1 freewheel (bionic 72 that started to skip on the first day of riding!). And Flipp rides with one TT fork for ages and he's doing very crazy things than puts alot of pressure on fork.

And there are dozens of broken echo urban 2012 forks in Russia and every fork lasts ~1.5 months. It's REALLY not normal at all.

Edited by clerictgm

singapore isnt a bad thing, shimano parts are made in malaysia which is practicaly the same country, its more expencive to produce parts in singapore than malaysia or china.

i would happily back parts from singapore as being just as good as parts from taiwan.

really the cost to you and how many are sold worldwide reflects the quality more than the place its made thou.

For example - when I was a little noob learning trackstand and rear wheel hops I broke: 2 chineese forks(5 months lasts neon curved blade, 1 month lasts echo urban 2012) and 1 freewheel (bionic 72 that started to skip on the first day of riding!). And Flipp rides with one TT fork for ages and he's doing very crazy things than puts alot of pressure on fork.

And there are dozens of broken echo urban 2012 forks in Russia and every fork lasts ~1.5 months. It's REALLY not normal at all.

You're forgetting that parts are designed not to snap when putting proper technique through them, not when a learner is being a twat and putting them through all sorts of forces that can't be anticipated during the testing process. People like Flipp put lots of stress through their parts, but they're the sorts of stress that TT has anticipated through design. That, coupled with actually looking after your stuff, makes a lot of difference.