steel midnight purple 24" comp bike build (new paint page 9)

dezmtber

So fellas, I've had a little hop around on this outside tonight. First impressions after a brief try out is that it feels really high in the middle, and the front is really low, but dez is like a dwarf so its not surprising. It's very good on the back wheel, and the hope trial zone brake on a 24 wheel is awesome. It feels like a rockman, but with bigger wheels and a lot more ground clearance. With a really short wheelbase, think he said it was 1010wb. And I did give him the 'told you so ' speech about the rear hub, its shite and skips like a b*****d. Especially with my 15 stone on it. If it were mine, I'd have a 165x35 stem on, and trialtech high risers, as opposed to his tryall k2 stem and gusset bars.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

lots of changes made here.

horizontal dropouts fitted in ( thank you rob @ jaf bikes)

ffw tensile 60 fitted

rear neon fixed spline hub

burgtech ride wide bars

bar tape no rubber anymore

and you lot will like this i sprayed it today......midnight purple with black jaf decals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's a cheap Casio. With a countdown timer I have set to time 3mins it beeps at 1,2,2.30 and 3min

Great for comps set it before you go and no need to ask for time.

And you can practice riding for 3min intervals

Or more if you like.

It's on the bars because I hate things on my wrist too

• Like 1

I was out riding Saturday night in the rain he hopes rode fine even in rain so hard i couldnt dry off the rotors, the only extra I got with added water was a good loud sqeal on braking.

Not quite the sane as dry, it felt like the wheel moved a few mm before full lock. On landing gaps.

But not once did the brakes let go.