! New Crankset system AS30 !

Crewkerz

Its the splines that you have used that I am most interested in seeing. Unfortunately the pictures you have taken on the FB don't really show any of the 'interesting' bits. You also seem to have gone too down the way of 'arty' pictures with a wide aperture.

get some more pictures up of the splines and each separate component so we can see up close.

Its the splines that you have used that I am most interested in seeing. Unfortunately the pictures you have taken on the FB don't really show any of the 'interesting' bits. You also seem to have gone too down the way of 'arty' pictures with a wide aperture.

get some more pictures up of the splines and each separate component so we can see up close.

Seconded.

I really do hope something like this catches on...simplification of the grand incompatibility of the many drivetrain components available to trials riders.

My only issue with this (as per many MTB cranks such as saints etc) is the 'seemingly' singular axle and crank arm. IF I were to break the axle, i'd need to replace the whole set (i.e. costly).

Also would it now be possible to see a left hand drive on trials components with this set up? flip the cranks over and flip the FFW around 180, fixed cog on the rear...just another thought.

Also...are you allowed to freely 'copy' the shimano spine design?

Axle-freewheel-lockring.jpg

you cannot put chain and freewheel at the left side.

Shimano splines is a open free patent. Many brand make sprocket, hubs,... with these splines.

Don't worry if you broke axle or right crank. We have a good warranty service, and after warranty we can replace only the axle or crank but you have to send the defected parts in our factory.

Just to have a idea : We can propose 2 solutions :

Right crank + axle publics price with standard price

Right crank + axle publics price with special replacement price (If you are out of warranty) Around 60 €. Sorry if I am not really clear.

Edited by Crewkerz
  • Like 1

Why does trials needs to move away from the Isis axle? I can see the benefits to larger press fit bearings that Echo/Gu and this idea offer, by why the need to change to a crank set up where the drive side is attached to the axle? Echo won't adopt it when they have a lightweight and strong solution and I can't see many people wanting to change their whole drive set up when buying a new frame; personally i'd buy one from a manufacturer using a standard threaded or echo type bb.

• Like 1

They may be able to make this a lighter and stronger solution though. It's called 'development'.
I'm fully aware its a development for crewkerz, but that doesn't make it lighter or stronger than what echo or a combination of existing companies offer. If some real life benefits (facts and figures) over existing solutions are given then fair enough. Hats off to crewkerz for proposing a standard and putting it out there for all to use. P.s. those cranks are pretty nasty looking.

I'm fully aware its a development for crewkerz, but that doesn't make it lighter or stronger than what echo or a combination of existing companies offer.

No I mean deng may go and develop a similar system which lighter and stronger than the products deng already offers.

EDIT: I am only using Deng as an example, as they're the largest suppliers, and any company could do this.

Edited by shercofray

One has to ask, who makes the freewheel for you? Cos if it turns out to be shite, and breaks/skips a lot / shatters, you are kind of stuck for choice, leaving the possibility of going through the same thing again.

Price list coming soon (February).

Today we are alone on this way, maybe we will be more in 2 or 3 years or not ! There is not a best way : ISIS or AS30 or SQUARE, FW with Splines or Thread ... It's just a other choice for the customer.

Perhaps 99 peoples want use a ISIS but 1 person prefer use a AS30. This is his choice.

You can like or not, you can use or not but this project exist and it's not for nothing.

• Like 1

Why does trials needs to move away from the Isis axle? I can see the benefits to larger press fit bearings that Echo/Gu and this idea offer, by why the need to change to a crank set up where the drive side is attached to the axle? Echo won't adopt it when they have a lightweight and strong solution and I can't see many people wanting to change their whole drive set up when buying a new frame; personally i'd buy one from a manufacturer using a standard threaded or echo type bb.

I know it's only from my experience - but whereas I've had a lot of problems with screw-in BBs (coming loose, bearing death and dead splines), I never had a single problem with my Echo press-fit one.

Could this system be run in one of Deng's frames, or are the diameters different? I'm about to get a new frame made and am currently angling for a BMX/Deng BB shell. If it needs to be larger I might consider asking for that BB shell and run shims and an Echo BB until these come out.

Definitely interested to see if they can stand up to brakeless.

What exactly is wrong with a good ISIS setup or the Echo press fit ISIS? All this talk of changing industry standards just annoys me. I'm new to trials but it seems most parts work fairly well when fitted properly. Who cares if we don't meet an international standard, when most of us have no intention of using parts already manufactured to them. We use parts based on a standard suited for trials, and changing them so one day we can say that some shitty MTB hub fits in our dropouts is ridiculous. As far as I'm concerned bolt through axles are the only thing that I would use, if we were to change.

I think he means if it's splined, why can't you just turn the freewheel over.

If that's what you meant, you can't do that because the splines aren't the same all the way around. There's a thin and fat one to ensure you have things the right way around that wouldn't fit the other way up.