! New Crankset system AS30 !

Crewkerz

Of course, you'd then need to work out the whole reverse threaded pedal thing - would need to be a removable/swapable insert or the like which is a pain.

You could just sell left handed cranks, threads wouldn't need to come out.

LHD bmxers rarely decide to swap back. There would be no need to chop and change.

Most BMX cranks seem to just use a boss on each side though - they used to be sold as LHD/RHD specific, but it's way easier for factories, companies and shops to have interchangeable ones. Stocking a new, proprietary crankset then having to guess the ratio of sales of LHD/RHD would suck. Plus you'd be limited for rear hub choice too...

It seems like there might not be quite the same sort of need in trials now due to the way most setups use compact horizontal dropouts now, rather than having a tensioner hanging off your frame. I'd be pretty keen on trying LHD on my Inspired, but that's for some 'not trials' stuff so it doesn't count.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I can see where you're coming from with this but I have a few questions. You say if the axle should snap you offer a good warranty service but the broken pieces would need to be returned, does that mean you would need to have received the broken axle before replacing it as otherwise it would mean time off the bike for the rider?

Also surely the spline could be incorporated on a deng/bmx style press fit axle? And why go for the pressfit cups why not just pressfit bearings straight into the shell as per the bb30 standard?

I can see where you're coming from with this but I have a few questions. You say if the axle should snap you offer a good warranty service but the broken pieces would need to be returned, does that mean you would need to have received the broken axle before replacing it as otherwise it would mean time off the bike for the rider?

Also surely the spline could be incorporated on a deng/bmx style press fit axle? And why go for the pressfit cups why not just pressfit bearings straight into the shell as per the bb30 standard?

Yes you have to send your defected parts before your free replacement. If you have a defected Iphone or Galaxy,... These company send to you a new phone or they wait to receive your defected phone before replacement. I thing it's normal !

We use pressfit standard, no spanish BB like Deng bikes. The pressfit cups are better than BB30 with integrated bearing in the frame for Trial, easier to change bearing,....

It wasn't so much a problem with the replacement more the fact that you won't be selling the axles seperately. If my phone breaks and I send it to be fixed I can buy a cheapo temporary replacement to do the job whilst I wait for my phone to get sorted so don't have to go without one for days/weeks.

Also I mentioned the BMX style setup as that is already in use on a lot of trials frames so if you could incorporate the shimano style spline to fit a deng/spanish BMX bb axle you have a larger market open to buying your cranks/freewheel system.

Finally I'm not fully clued up on the pressfit cup setup but does it mean the bearings just slip into the cups and are held in place by the axle or are they again pressed into the cups?

It wasn't so much a problem with the replacement more the fact that you won't be selling the axles seperately. If my phone breaks and I send it to be fixed I can buy a cheapo temporary replacement to do the job whilst I wait for my phone to get sorted so don't have to go without one for days/weeks.

Also I mentioned the BMX style setup as that is already in use on a lot of trials frames so if you could incorporate the shimano style spline to fit a deng/spanish BMX bb axle you have a larger market open to buying your cranks/freewheel system.

Finally I'm not fully clued up on the pressfit cup setup but does it mean the bearings just slip into the cups and are held in place by the axle or are they again pressed into the cups?

Sure, It's not easy to wait 1 week without bike. but this is our way. Not the best but another way.

You cannot use an alloy axle with the BB Spanish. Pressfit 30 is the best way for ''us''. Our target are quality bikes and different bikes because some riders request this. We are not a big brand like Koxx, Monty, Echo, Onza, Ozonys,...

no need to pressed bearing into the cups.

Press fit bb's aint that new, im more into old school mtb's and klein used a press fit bb donkeys years back. Many many times people have tried to re-invent the wheel. If this system uses the same size as bb30 it will in all likelyhood become the standard. All the big players are producing cranks in bb 30 now.

• 2 weeks later...