Try all working on splined cranks/freewheel with integrated? spindle(f

ghostrider88

Yeah but the translation says this:

Koxx Presented Its New BB30 Bottom Bracket

on March 30, 2013 in the one has , Bikes and Parts , FrankYmage , news es , fr news , Photos

Koxx benefited from Koxx Days to present his new pedals. It is based on the BB30 standard, but can be adapted to the former executives Koxx and should find its place on the next senior high ranges of the brand which will be equipped to receive a BB30.

The pedal is in production and should be available within 3 to 4 months.

Axis is aluminum. Spline system.

When this system is adpapté on existing frameworks (such as Sky), the bearings are outside.

The next will be included as can be seen on the high end Crewkerz.

Obviously the translation is a bit ropey but from what I can make out it won't be a euro BB fitment

Surely its this? bb30, and you can use external cups on normal frames?

They designed some kind of hybrid, that uses 30mm spindle, but doesn´t use press fit bearings. Also crewkerz didn´t invented bb30, it has been around for few years. Now you can see, that it can be done without bearings beeing inside of the frame like I was saying and clearance is not a problem obviously :P I´m very interested in the price of this setup, it could be a good laugh.

Edited by ghostrider88
  • Like 2

I can get those made for you. Just need the try all bearing dimensions, and the inside diameter of the bearing cup on your frame

Edit, its 41.28mm. I remember, I made some for another lad, but not quite the same as this. It was so he could use shimano saint cranks on a bmx

• Like 1

Nah its 35 mm ish, its a stepped bearing cup, giving the illusion of a much bigger thread. The od of the bearing will be too close to the I.D of the threaded bb shell, hence the stepped bearing cup

It's going to seriously tight. A euro bb is around 35-34mm wide that leaves 2-1.5mm each around the bb30 axle for the thread in bb shell.

I guess that doesn't make it impossible.

I will be looking forward to getting a set of these then

It's going to seriously tight. A euro bb is around 35-34mm wide that leaves 2-1.5mm each around the bb30 axle for the thread in bb shell.

I guess that doesn't make it impossible.

I will be looking forward to getting a set of these then

Those 2mm are just enough, if you look at hollowtech 2 cups even they would accomodate 30mm axle and they weren´t really meant to. From pics you can see those cups are very slim , it looks like there is even 1mm of unused space at each side. They wouldn´t say it works if it didn´t.

• 2 months later...