rear 26" tyres, whats best atm?

Ash-Kennard

hey guys, out riding today, ripped a knobble off my 2 year old der kaiser. looking for another good rear tyre but hoping to save abit of weight and maybe increase some bounce. ive never punctured the der kaiser, which is good because to get my back wheel out i have to take my crank off. effort... so puncture resistance is a must. gripwise, i have been happy with the continental from day 1 never slips been an excellent tyre but time for a change.

looking on tarty there is nothing that looks as good as the der kaiser unfortunately, but just wondering if anyone else has any other offerings

Personally I'd go with a DK.. If you mainly ride street you coud get away with a stiky lite but I find they roll too much and don't offer the grip of a DK on natural.

A good old maxxis minion / highroller in super tacky is another option, but again they arn't as good for natural. 2.5 single ply with a dh tube could be bouncier / lighter?

Both pinch like a motherf**ker though. f**k that if you gotta take your crank off to change a tube.

Yeah even with a downhill tube it´s easier to pinch them than DK with superlight tube and the weight is pretty much the same with this setup. Not really worth it.

Edit: In fact even with freeride tube sticky lite is heavier than DK+superlight tube(schwalbe 130g).

Edited by ghostrider88

Really?Me too zzzz

Your such an expert arnt you

They have different tread patterns the der baron is designed for wet conditions therefore faster clearing tread. I know this because my friend is working for conti as the uk importer

• Like 1