Cable confusion. PC to DVD.

JT!

I have two devices I need connecting to each other. The output device has a HDMI out, a regular headphone audio out, and a VGA out. (Laptop)

The input device has a s-video in, and RCA in. (DVD recorder).

1. I'm going to need some sort of converter aren't I?

2. What would be the best way to do this?

I've used fraps before, but the file size is super large for 20 mins let alone 2 hours. Plus it divides them up into parts, then I'd have to edit them all together and then burn it to a disc. Thought this would be a little easier.

I've often wondered about this, as it's legal to rip a copy of a DVD/CD you own for personal use, as it's classed as a 'back-up', but would it be legal do just 'illegally' download it rather than rip it? I mean, surely it doesn't matter where you got your backup/digital copy of something you legally own from does it? because you have the rights to it?

As far as I know, it's not illegal to download telly that was recorded in the same country that you live in. That is my understanding, but my understanding is many years old and I could have just assumed it then, so best not to take it as read. :P

I'm still trying this but still no luck. I have a vga converter which inputs a vga and outputs an svideo, a yellow rca (composite?) and a VGA.

The s-video and yellow port both work but output a shitty picture. I don't get why there's a vga port as an output when that's what I originally converted it from.

This is starting to get annoying.

Although I did discover that the front of the has a DV in port if that could help in any way?

So it appears my last chance of getting this working is if my graphics card's VGA ports support the TV out function. Then it would appear I can go straight from VGA to svideo and cut out the PoS converter. Grahpics card is a AMD Radeon HD 7670M, but I can't seem to find out of it does or not.

• 8 years later...
On 9/6/2021 at 5:56 AM, HYHYH said:

Have you tried another screen recorder? Different software brings different user experiences. Maybe you can try Joyoshare VidiKit, at least for me this software works well.

This post is 8 and a half years old, laptops back then didn't have the power to record gaming footage I don't believe, mine certainly didn't.