choose one photo to sum up your trials 'career'

arw_86

If you had to choose one photo of your trials 'career' what would it be? It can just be a favourite photo (or even just a bike)....aslong as it tells a story and brings back memories then it is a winner. So put your favourite up, along with why.

I'll go first...

263282_10150392607058957_8273918_n.jpg

I had a mate take a photo for me on my new phone just to check it out a few summers ago, and ever since I have loved it. I even have it as a small canvas in my room now. It somehow totally captures everything I have loved about trials. The drop itself in my early days was the first big drop I did and it took me ages to build to it. The drop is at my old school. Im on my all time favourite bike, set up the best it ever was. The photo is in summer. They were my riding shoes for most of my riding years. It was around the time I enjoyed riding the most and I personally think I look pretty 'decent'. So long after I finish riding trials I will still have this one photo, which for me, sums up my involvment in trials for the last 15 years. And when I am an old git and my grandkids are taking the piss because I can hardly walk, I will dig this picture out and tell them about what I used to do.

I'm aware trials doesn't mean as much to them as it does to me, even though i dont ride alot anymore but It's been a big part of my life since I was 11, and I am now 26. So through my whole 'growing up' trials has been a part of it.

• Like 1

This topic is a hard one but here's my contribution
It may sound stupid but here it is.

My first ever group ride which was the 12 of February 2012. i remember this day like it was yesterday.
It sums up my trials career because it was the day i met my riding friends, if it wasn't for these lads i wouldn't be able to do half the stuff i can today.

On this ride i sat for hours watching Jo, Ollie, and Alan messing around up to fronting, tapping and sidehopping the outside part of the wall which is over bar height making it look effortless, and i'd sit and wondering if i'd be able to do that one day. Now i can it's a great feeling.
This picture also lets me think back to how chuffed i was when i landed my first sidehop and i got praised by the other lads even though they were 100 times better than i was which gave me a huge confidence boost.
It also shows me how much i've improved in 12 months of riding.

430453_337730912932977_2099579481_n.jpg

182566_10151275076680973_171875596_n.jpg

Most probably my favorite photo out of the hundreds I have.
Not the biggest move I've done, nor the most stylish but the location and bike have a meaning to me.

That time last year was the end of my first two years riding, and the start of my 3rd.

The bike was my first 24", and the only 24" Ive had. While I didn't always get along with the way it rode and how I kept bending/cracking things on it, it really helped push forward my progression in terms of lifting my confidence to try new things. My riding has come off better now as a result. I can push to go higher/further, and Im better at the more tech stuff now too.

Sheffield was also a brilliant ride, that sticks in my head for all the right reasons. One of the best group rides I've been on, during which I met a few new faces of whom I now ride with fairly regularly, and spending time with the more familiar faces too. The ride was good, and the evening with Cocky and Pogo was hilarious, and the ride the next day that followed was also cool too. One of my favorite weekends, which symbolized what I enjoy in trials. Fun.

It seems a bit vague, and not as deeply meaningful as some that may appear, but it captures a moment when I properly enjoyed riding, which is a feel I need to rediscover as of late.

• Like 1

Probably something along the lines of this:

CH003.jpg

Not a riding photo, because frankly I couldn't care much less about that side of my riding "career". It's aaaaaall about the social side of it.

As a bit of an extension of that, I'm also pretty stoked to have been able to bring an extra element of that to the table with the 24tour. Even if it were to stop running, it's made some tight new friends for myself and others over the past 4 years and has not only brought in a few new faces, but kept some others in the scene that might otherwise not still be here. It's nothing massive in the bigger picture, but hopefully it's made at least some difference to a handful of riders, even if it was just for a week at a time :)

• Like 4

199889_1967316266733_2993831_n.jpg

This picture actually encompasses much more than the obvious 'crash element'...

That bike was my first step away from 'normal' trials bikes and it changed the way I looked at and approached riding. (For the better)

That bike led me to attend the first 24 tour, which in turn led me to a group of awesome like minded people that have become solid friends.

The day this photo was taken was the day I got acquainted with a further two awesome friends who never cease to inspire me and enthuse me in all aspects of trials. Many of the best days riding I've had have been with these cool cats and certainly my video production quality has improved as a result of their influence.

I crash a lot, this photo reflects that.

Matt Purdon took this photo and Matt Purdon rocks.

That bike now belongs to Joel Bennett and the day I handed that bike to him was a pretty awesome feeling. I've never really had the opportunity to do a proper 'good deed' before and being that Joel is one of the most incredible human beings I know, I was so pleased that this bike could continue it's life with a very worthy new owner. If anyone deserved that bike it was certainly him!

So it's not just a photo of me snapping a pair of forks at the top of a very steep flatbank (flat used in the loosest sense of the term). It's a photo about cool people and the cool things that have come from knowing them.

Much of this is probably quite disjointed but most of you won't read it anyway so pfft :P

• Like 9

089.jpg

This is me doing a 180 drop off, on a group ride in Leeds. Sticks in my mind because it was the first bike I learnt how to pedal kick on, and the ride where I saw joe prattley do the biggest up to front I've ever seen. Was a good day all round

I wouldn't say i even have a trials career :P But heres one of my fav pics.

578431_3699871384779_1534378928_n.jpg

Taken by Jim (my boyfriend)

I think it was the first or second ride on my T-Pro (now snapped :( ) I had rode up lifted my front wheel onto the wall and endo'd up it. Nothing amazing but the picture just sums up me and Jim riding, he told me to do it, so i did.. And i wouldn't learn things if he wasn't always pushing me and telling me to have a go.

Plus everytime i look at this pic it makes me want to go for a pedal ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this is probably my favorite photo through out my whole time riding just reminds me of a really good day, month, year of riding and just generally having a sick time being out with everyone and not caring about much

leeds001.jpg

dropgap.jpg

and i like this one just because it looks cool as f**k haha

i´d have to post every pic i have to explain that.

every ride on my bike,every nailed move,that matrix-like-"everything slows down and seems so predictable and easy"-feeling,how would i pick a photo to describe that?

only can describe this pic as random,but yeah,even on this small stair step i had this feeling i have at every ride i do,so its kinda summing it up,as every other pic would lol

post-30389-0-54667400-1368300039_thumb.j