Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

Opinions please :)

I want to use a military type scratched stencil font for the new stickers, found one I'm reasonably happy with so need to work out where to position the stickers! Planning on using the same font but making the 'I' in intense lower case with the dot being red, likewise the point on the 5.5. Frame is going to be raw aluminium. Text will either be cut vinyl letters or printed sheet. What are peoples thoughts?

Another option is to have 'intense' stacked vertically along the top of the top tube and the 5.5 probably on the lower of the downtube. Also toying with having 5.5evp as that is technically what the frame is.

post-6335-0-08517600-1436877729_thumb.jp

post-6335-0-70850300-1436877735_thumb.jp

post-6335-0-21023400-1436877743_thumb.jp

post-6335-0-32174900-1436877748_thumb.jp

post-6335-0-30253300-1436877754_thumb.jp

Edited by forteh

Wait till it has motion blur ;)

I'm not really keen on the stock stickers though :(

edit: Perhaps if I skewed it to make it slightly italic? I dunno I like the simplicity of the stencilled font.

Edited by forteh

Been for the first proper ride in anger on the new shock and the wildgrippers, only a 4.5 mile loop of the monkey at cannock chase.

The shock is leagues ahead of the fox, whereas before it would wallow and just feel a little vague it now actually forces the bike forwards with a very scary eagerness and more than once I overcooked corners and had to anchor up. It has a very playful pop that works nicely with the frame, I reduced high speed compression a touch during the ride but left the rest as I had figured before. I have around 17mm sag (33%ish) and used 45mm of the 50mm stroke, I still need to investigate what air can volume spacers are fitted but it's all good so far and I've recorded the settings.

This was also the first time I got to properly push the michelin wildgrippers. Initially with 25f 28r psi they were sketchy as f**k and slipping/spinning everywhere, let them down til they felt about right and when I remembered to get the bike cranked over they railed corners with incredible grip. I think the only time they slid was when I wasn't committed enough on the lean, but then when they did it was a pretty predictable and controllable slide. Checked the pressures when I got back home and had them down to 18f 24r, perhaps a little low on the front but I didn't notice any real instability or tyre roll :)

All in I'm very happy with the bike except for a couple of minor leaks from the rc3 cartridge on the forks, it's only a couple of o-rings but need to drop the oil to sort it.

Edited by forteh
  • Like 1

Can't really do evenings at the moment, by the time I'm back from work, bike loaded and family commitments sorted I'm looking at 6pm earliest, add at least an hour's drive onto that (for pines) and it's going to be too late; I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation though.

A weekend afternoon suits me far better :)

I try to go early morning or early evening, it's too busy through the day. At least parents stick to the blue route with kids, I took my lad on the first bit of the red route round to the bike park and it knackered him out. He was asleep in the car before I'd even driven out