Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

Got mine fitted the other day, definitely worth the money and fits the bill perfectly. Also a winner as if we go on a family ride and my wife has our daughter on her bike she can swap to mine for a break without me breaking out the allen keys and messing around adjusting the seat!

post-24247-0-01746700-1441655250_thumb.j

• Like 1

What drivetrain set up are you using Dave? I've got my single speed carbon flat bar road frankenstein bike sat in the garage at home which I'm going to put a 1xsomething set up on for me to commute on when I'm back in the UK. Thinking of throwing a 1x9 doere setup or similar on mine, I think it has a 44 tooth chainring on at the moment.

After 66k over the brecon beacons my forks need new seals and my shock needs a new shock body as mine appears to have got scored by some shite pulled into the seals - balls!

Only an extra 30 quid for the replacement body so not the end of the world, still gonna be 200+ quid in suspension servicing :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dusted my Heckler off at the weekend (literally) and changed the brakes over from XT 4 pots to some Saint/Zee/SLX jobbies off Mr Travis. Also got some new tyres (probably not winter suitable) a while back, plastic DMR pedals which currently are grippy as f**k and sorted the forks out as one side had zero pressure in.

Some birds have been using the chainstay as a perch whilst it's been under our shed as well so had to clean a load of birdshit off the back end!

Still need to sort a dropper though I should really actually use it before I can justify the purchase.

DSC_0523.thumb.JPG.b0e58fa16b80d485a336aDSC_0524.thumb.JPG.e9ee1e3fc75f5026add57

Make one, here's a link to a diy one :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cd20id0d4sym9y/HCC_MudGuard.pdf?dl=0

I cut them from 1mm thick polyethylene, one as per the pdf for the front and an extended version for the back to keep some of the crap out of the lower shock linkage.

• 2 weeks later...

Sacked off the idea of buying my dad a brand new bike and decided to build one instead. This way I can get the spec I want which may cost a little more but will also be a bit more personal. 

The base is this black carbon On One Whippet, the plan is to build it up as a rigid 1x9 650b. I've already got a stem, cassette, chain and some chainrings and I've seen some new wheelbuilds on Ebay for £70. Can't wait to get it finished although I already want it for myself! 

IMG_20151027_152551.jpg

• Like 1

Had a good ride out with Andeee on mtb this aft. Did 25 miles. Muddy as f**k. Windy as f**k. Was a good laugh though! I've lost loads of mtb fitness though, purely from lack of riding. First proper ride on the el guapo as well, it didn't disappoint 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg