Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

That looks a decent build, see a fair few of these out at sherwood pines, albeit not as higher spec as yours. Thing that always amazes me about full suss after years on hardtails, is how much you can get away with. Can go proper balls out and the bike just takes it

• 2 weeks later...

I was wrong, still a couple of bits I need so bagged some RSP carbon bars and an Easton stem for £30 (bars are like new) and serviced a mates bike at work last night and he's picking me up a shock pump for payment. All that's left is some brake mounts, rear centre lock icetech rotor and possibly a dropper or sleeve to fit my cheapy RSP one. 

Well my 2013 Trek Fuel ex got stolen from my military accommodation last year. I've finally got round to replacing it using the insurance money and got a great deal from All Terrain Cycles on this 2017 Trek Remedy 8(also got the Mrs the 2016 one at the same time)

I'm well happy with it. 1x11 is perfect and the dropper post is so useful.

The bars could do with being a touch wider and I'm not a fan of the lock-on grips not being grippy on the very ends as it didn't give a positive grip feel on the outer part of my hand.

Also the shifter only being thumb operated may take some getting used to, on the Fuel I could up-shift with my index finger and found that useful.

All that said, I think its a great bike and hope I'll get my moneys worth out of this one now.

14457521_10157545338905055_4255634539637032585_n.jpg

• Like 2

Rockhopper is partially built revealing the need for a few more bits, namely chainring bolts! Once I've got those I'm pretty sure it'll be rideable! (those aren't the bars and stem it's having, just there to hold the forks in place!) 

Will also need a new rear wheel at some point soon, Pro 2 spare anyone? 

IMG_20160925_174607.jpg

Mission 7-9 speed accomplished! Might swap the mech for a medium cage and could do with a narrower BB to sort the chainline but it works and works well. I also put some low risers on along with a new stem. Really impressed with how my son instantly took to a thumb shifter from gripshift as well, funny now though as 1st gear before is now equal to 4th gear with the new cassette. No more hill assistance from me! 

IMG_20161005_174021.jpg

• Like 3

Sweet, tis what we're getting Reuben for christmas. He's about an inch into the growth already but with a longer stem on there should last him a good while, got a 90mm Ø25.4 thompson he can use :D

Once he's got his legs sorted for going up hills we'll be up the chase!

Reuben has progressed from the balance bike to an isla knoc 16 but as children have a habit of is growing like a weed and the isla is now too small. The upshot is that Persephone has a good line of amazing bikes to work with :D

• Like 1

Was funny with my boys as when the eldest moved off the balance bike he had the bars and set set as high as they could go, when his younger brother started on it (at the same age mind) the seat and bars stayed in the same position! After that they've both destroyed a hotrock that I swapped the coaster brake for a standard wheel on. Both those are no good for my daughter though so she's now learning on an Early Rider Trail Runner which I'm trying my hardest not to tart up with ti bolts and Hope gear!  

• Like 1