Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

IMAG0345.jpg

Been for a local hack this morning after refitting my Titus El Guapo bars apposed to the Renthals. Complete different animal! About 40MM wider, 20MM lower and less back sweep, feels less of a mini DH bike and more focused. Seems to have more attack on the downs too. Very rewarding to ride! Gonna spend this week on these then I have some Crank Brothers bars with similar spec but slight bit more rise to try out.

Bought some 34 TALAS forks too the other night as I've never been 100% happy with the 32's. Doesn't help being a fatlad but the 32s seem to have an unnerving flex to them over my mates 34s. I'll get those serviced when they arrive and go from there. I'm contemplating building a Cotic bFe with spares as a winter hack while I rebuild the five, or have a play with a Cotic Rocket for a bit...

1 hour ago, Tom Booth said:

I miss my 456 steel simplicity sometimes. I love my five don't get me wrong, but something like a rocket just looks absolute point and shoot. I'd love a single speed 140mm rocket setup haha

I bought this for our lass. £200 all in. Just needed a new chainring and gears setting up. I did some parts swapping form the shed stash. Needs a set of brake pads and that's it

IMG_1547.JPG

Got myself one of these sprung bike things.

orange%20four%201_zpsp1gkst10.jpg

orange%20hand%20built_zpssgjhg1a8.jpg

orange%20four%20four_zpscgo4rln5.jpg

orange%20headtube_zpsy0owl41e.jpg

orange%20wheel_zpsl2njkzqq.jpg

orange%202_zpszgc7alfe.jpg
It's an Orange Four in Medium built with a selection of parts from sponsors, I'm pleased with how it looks, I've always had a strong connection with Orange (i lived 8 miles from them and did work experience there twice) so to have one like this is a dream come true!

Just need to get it muddy as hell now!

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

After a loooong time waiting I have finally managed to pick myself up an Orange Five this weekend! Scouted it out on Facebook at about 7pm on Saturday and an hour later it was home with me :P It's only a 2010, but it was a mega good price and just on the other side of town from me so I couldn't pass it up. The older geo seems to suit me anyway because I'm not into the idea of this crazy long/slack stuff, plus I like the 26" wheels so it has worked out quite well really.

Can't really fault it other than not having ISCG mounts and the fact it has a 27.2 seat tube which kind of limits dropper choice plus the current post (100mm travel KS) feels a tad flexy for my liking.

Overall pretty darn chuffed! It's my first proper full suspension bike (or bike with any suspension for that matter, excluding bikes I had when I was about 10) so she's taking a bit of getting used to!

20161115_095154.jpg

Edited by onzatpro09
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up this Peugeot premiere carbolite 103 for a questionable £35 from the local market
mwMVEMt.jpg

w9djNSL.jpg

gJK2HdC.jpg

88I0WS9.jpg

dIoENCe.jpg

tOdGYfR.jpg

vrhf0Tu.jpg

Jtty67G.jpg

I'm going to do some basic maintenance, rip all the unnecessary crap off it and sell her on for a profit, I would keep it but I've been told 10 bikes is one too many to have in the house.

other than needing a clean the frame is in immaculate condition. If the dropouts weren't vertical I would go for a single speed/fixed and sell her for more than I should.

Edited by ItsMatt
  • Like 2

So Reuben has been invited to a 7th birthday party tomorrow morning by one of the lads from the rugby club. It's a group bmx session at a local club, like a good dutiful stepdad I've dug my bmx out to join in (if they let me!) :)

Bmx tracks scare the shite out of me, let's hope I don't stack it too hard :lol:

tmp_13565-DSC_0030186668902.JPG

edit: didn't bin it, a couple of close calls even I was pushing a little too fast for my 12 year old bald tyres! Reuben binned it loads but also progressed loads, good job he had a full face lid, knee and elbow pads.

I even managed to get the rhythm right and built enough speed to jump some of the smaller doubles :lol:

Edited by forteh
  • Like 3

That is long, heavy and very stable in the air, it was reasonably lightweight when I bought it back in 2004 but things have changed significantly since.  If you had a go on a short frame it would feel really odd with you being so lanky, mine is 21" top tube and whilst really stable I do struggle to spin it a little being a shortarse :)

• 1 month later...

2017 New Years Day ride. We got 99 cm of snow in December. Good trails network starts 600 metres from my front door...

SUno9ci.jpg

Until this year I was more into motorcycles. Repurposing moto wheel chock and stand:

Si79PSG.jpg

4OsRb8U.jpg

Hauling the mountain bike and the enduro:

kZ7tfgq.jpg

The Yamaha on a road trip:

gEcCcOr.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Nope there's something wrong in that picture... I think that's the first fat bike I've ever seen actually being used somewhere that's it's designed for. Apart form the odd promo videos I've only ever seen them being ridden on normal trails or on the road!

Some folks here ride theirs year round on the trails, I won't. Off the snow and ice, a proper mountain bike is so much better!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom Booth said:

There's a guy with a Voodoo garble round here, just uses it to get to work and the shops via the road, looks right hard work!

Fat bikes roll pretty well on roads if the tire pressure isn't too low, 10 - 14 PSI seems ok. On the soft snow I find 4 - 5 in the rear, and 5 - 6 in the front work best. Then it's hard work on pavement, and the handling isn't safe.

But they are bit heavy, about 16 kg.