Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

2 weeks?! I was out for a week in summer too and could have stayed forever!

Where did you kip? Chalet? Camper? We had chalet service and it was amazing waking up in the morning and having your breakfast served to you at the table. Only shit thing was the single beds/pillow/quilts:lol:

What was your favourite area to ride there? I loved Plenny black!

18 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

2 weeks?! I was out for a week in summer too and could have stayed forever!

Where did you kip? Chalet? Camper? We had chalet service and it was amazing waking up in the morning and having your breakfast served to you at the table. Only shit thing was the single beds/pillow/quilts:lol:

What was your favourite area to ride there? I loved Plenny black!

Year before I had 3 weeks!!

A group of us rented a self-catered chalet, so cooked for ourselves but each had a double bed room with en-suite, and a big garage to use for bike storage/workshop.

This year was my fifth in a row going over there so I've ridden quite a lot. Morgins is a lesser-visited but amazing park, definitely one of my favourites. The Pleney Black is an absolute classic, one day we did that about 10 times on the trot working on different bits of it. If I could have a day doing anything though it'd be sessioning the black runs at Châtel, so much fun to be had there.

I will be going back next year, probably late July, so let me know nearer the time if you go too.

• Like 1

In less expensive topics, got some new (to me) forks to replace the standard cheapo Rockshox on my Jamis. 

Set at 140mm so I get an extra 20 from standard and man does it make a difference! 

Feel it needs some Raceline Magura MT's now to match the stickers and pedals :lol:

20191013_101352.thumb.jpg.36d960aa85a6557cfa6539506c53dd15.jpg

• 2 months later...

Now then gents it's been a while,

new steed alert. TL:DR, my foot is bolloxed. Can't play rugby, American football or anything like that anymore. Can't do massive climbs or DH stuff anymore, or trials. So I bought this, £2695 down from £3895. It's a 2019 focus jam2 6.7 nine. Uses the Shimano e8000 motor/battery/di2 running gear. It's got me back riding again, having fun, knowing I can ride all day and not be in pain when I get home. I much prefer singletrack and XC stuff now, not into going silly anymore. Tops out at 16mph, but the power/assistance levels can be adjusted through an iPhone app. I get about 25 miles out of a full charge, it's a 378kwh battery. Most bikes, such as a Levo come with a 500kwh battery now, so they have more range but are quite heavy, where as for an ebike this is fairly light 

IMG_3882.JPG

Edited by bing
  • Like 2

So I accidentally a Polygon Trid ZZ... put a cheeky offer on it on eBay and the guy accepted. I had a Calibre Astronut DJ hardtail that was good fun but fancied the slightly forgiveness that a FS slopestyle bike gives. This is almost a Trek Ticket S for about a third of the price. I've basically made this from bits of the Astronut and chopped and changed a few bits (plus added the new Zee rear brake to replace some cheap Shimano thing) and it's pretty dialled now. Forks are pretty budget but do the job.

IMG_20200112_154117.thumb.jpg.99d283234026dd58ad169204c80d0036.jpg

IMG_20200112_154022.thumb.jpg.dbeb8aebef94f0cd9fd0a614b4b3ec76.jpg

IMG_20200112_154103.thumb.jpg.bdd1ff12e1ce4b60116e8de69f523a3e.jpg

IMG_20200112_154040.thumb.jpg.628fcd19674df99fc2dce7d25853d136.jpg

• Like 4

On 12/01/2020 at 8:42 PM, isitafox said:

Is that 27.5 or 29? 

Seems like everyone is already moving on from 27.5 and I've only just got onto it :lol:

Mines 29", with 2.6 tyres. It's got an insane amount of grip and rolls amazing. Can ride this far harder than I could ever ride my old cube fritzz 160hpa

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MadManMike said:

That looks like so much fun!

What are the pedals like? £9.99 is super cheap - wouldn't mind replacing my V12's at some point, for that price it's rude not to.

They're the ones that should retail at £25 (note the white ones are only £7.99! green and red available at £9.99) and seem very similar to the Nukeproof's I'm running on the T130. They run on sealed bearings as well as DU bushings and seem spot on. I picked up a set of green ones as well to replace the Nukeproofs when they die. Proper bargain I reckon.

2 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

They're the ones that should retail at £25 (note the white ones are only £7.99! green and red available at £9.99) and seem very similar to the Nukeproof's I'm running on the T130. They run on sealed bearings as well as DU bushings and seem spot on. I picked up a set of green ones as well to replace the Nukeproofs when they die. Proper bargain I reckon.

Oh awesome, my V12's are white so I'll replace them with these at £7.99 then - that's a ridiculous price! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My Trek X-Caliber 7 2019

Used everyday in the Suffolk countryside!  Only changes to the original spec (below) is the addition of Crud XL mudguards, personalised top tube stickers, some chainstay protection, 2x bottle cages, lights, Shimano SPD pedals, and replacing the uncomfortable original saddle with a Brand-X Trial saddle

https://www.evanscycles.com/trek-x-caliber-7-2019-mountain-bike-EV340613

trek_x-caliber7_2018.jpg

On 12/01/2020 at 8:42 PM, isitafox said:

Is that 27.5 or 29? 

Seems like everyone is already moving on from 27.5 and I've only just got onto it :lol:

I had a Nukeproof scout 290 (29") and really didnt get on well with the big wheels, i think i spend to much time doing party tricks than actual pedaling, so the smaller wheels are far more fun for me

I'm just about to pull the trigger on a new hard tail (27.5) ill update you all when it happens!

• 2 weeks later...