Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

5 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

Not do anything else to it? No wee widgets in the frame to swap round to bring the bb back up?

I've actually got offset bushings in it at the moment to drop the BB after upping the front travel from 130-150mm so I could pull those out to pop it back up a bit... Trying to decide if it's a just a shit idea at the moment! Going out with the kids over lockdown I've been messing around lots though and feel like this might just make it a bit more 'toy like' for the moment.

• Like 1

Don't take the bushes out, just rotate them so the offset is perpendicular to the shock axis to return to factory geometry our back the other way to effectively length the eye to eye length on the shock :)

• Like 1

Flipped the bushes this afternoon and went for a quick blast this evening and I don't reckon it's worth it. No major problems (it's surprising how well a 10 speed cassette works with 11spd shifter and mech! The minimal misalignment was hardly noticeable! BB definitely a bit on the low side (clipped a pedal a couple of times) but beyond a bit more arse clearance the ride didn't change a hell of a lot. I guess because the chainstay length doesn't change it wasn't that different in terms of manuals or bunnyhops etc. Will put it back to 'normal' tomorrow :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Other then the SLX 4pots nothings changed for a few years, it does everything I want, how I want to so I'm more then happy with it! I'd like slightly wider rims for a more square tyre, but it's not urgent.

Full service today and it's back to it's best!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...