Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

a few of mine

2013-11-23155616_zps60536338.jpg

2013-11-17170602_zpsf9795154.jpg

2013-12-04112635_zps9c7c0286.jpg

7a85c72b-0a46-4783-8b66-70d8e62ae1e0_zps

2013-05-23083039_zps91ef446c.jpg

Love the old school gt sts. Its awesome. So far ahead of their time when they came out

Sure does! Its no surprise to me that the frame won trail bike of the year 2012, climbs well but smashes decents.

Me riding it for anyone interested:

What an ace video. Someone who looks like they are truly having fun and a proper decent song to boot. I take my hat off to you young sir :)

• Like 1

What travel are those fox on the front of the five Matt? Look huuuuge.

They were a 160mm fork on the Five, but it was a 36 series fork so looked beefy. In reality they actually made the bike ride worse and a smaller travel would have been better.

The Pike on my Nukeproof is only 10mm less and 1mm narrower but it's a much better fork that actually uses all of its travel (the 36 always had about 20mm it never used) so it feels a lot plusher.

A couple of updated photos of the intense since the spec has changed a little compared to when I first built it. Built the lighter, stiffer z1 bombers, added spds and went tubeless - weight now is 30.5 lbs, not super light but I'm happy with it :)

13913586598310.jpg

13913586857871.jpg

• Like 1

I love how it rides, really sharp due to the steep head angle but it behaves itself as long as you're concentrating. Climbs like a demon as well, the vpp works really well when set up properly, acts like a hard tail with more comfort and traction. That seat height is maximum for my stumpy legs, gives a very sit up and beg position, drop the reverb and its like riding a bmx :D

The rims are ground as they were previously on my trials bike, the polished bomber crown cannot be changed, it's too iconic ;)

Edited by forteh

Here is my Five, changed nearly every part on it since new and just had the paint redone.

image_zps638a3b81.jpg

Just waiting on my Santa Cruz 5010 build to be completed now, hopefully this weekend I should see it.

Fiiiive frieeeeend. Looks great that.

Joe, stop whizzing off to UAE :P

Got a few new bits. Tried out a saint rear hub, that only stayed on the bike for 2 rides before i was back on a pro 2! So new rear wheel, new bars, new roadie cassette and gone Ti on the rear shock spring.

xz01.jpg
z1eq.jpg

List of changes still to be made:

Going dual crown on the forks. Boxxer WC's or fox 40's.
Swap the rear shock for a fox DHX RC4
Get a tidier chain guide with a built in bash.

Try tubeless on the tyres to drop almost a full kg off the weight of the bike.

• Like 2