Crewkerz Cleep 2013

Rusevelt

The tensioner works like an ozonys, its like a spring loaded double wheel one bolted directly to the chainstay on the inside, that is a more or less straight copy of an atomz. The bolt through idea is excellent, just a shame you have to use their own hub if you want to be ffw, otherwise its a 12mm bolt through hub such as a pro2 or a king

Edited by bing

Yeah I know. Hopefully in a few weeks ill be the owner of a quark 2 mod, am I right in thinking a pro2 will go straight in seen as its a 12 mm axle, providing I get the 135/12mm model?

Edited by bing

well,...

the forks look like they are only 1.5" for the lower part of the steerer. I would have made it taper more gradually.

The crown area where the legs are welded on tapers back down to normal size. I would have kept it the same 1.5" all the way down, keeping stiffness and having a larger weld area for the fork legs.

The headtube is only 1.5" for the lower part. I would have tapered it more (like the steerer) which would look nicer, be stiffer (marginally) and allowed for a larger downtube weld area and possibly larger tube it's self.

As it is, it's just a normal pair of forks and a normal frame that happens to have a lower 1.5" headset. It seems like a missed opportunity to fully design a frame/fork to make the most out of it.

I'm no engineer, but it just seems like a lot of good ideas have been missed.

Im sure there are advantages to a tapered headtube/steerer or whatever, but I dont like the look of them.
Again, the through-axle's are a good idea but limit you on hub choice.

Definitely not a fan of sprung tensioners, in any form.
Hose clips are good, as is the shape of the frame.
It looks fairly good overall, but aspects of it put me off the idea of buying one.

I think if the tapered setup is done well, it can be fairly sleek and un-noticeable whilst still giving you the advantages of having a better steerer/crown setup. Like Ali says, it just seems like no trials companies have really embraced it and fully committed to doing a totally new design for the steerer/headtube/downtube which would allow them to really get all the benefits out of it, rather than just adapting existing stuff a little to accommodate it.

All that said, looking forward to seeing one of these in the flesh, they look like they should be pretty cool.

Cheers for that Adam, the feeling are mutual.

Ah man - I can't believe you took offense to that :( It was clearly a joke. I seem to remember you saying you thought the forum should be more light-hearted recently, there was no malice in my comment.

Hugs?