Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BradJohnson

Bring Back The Validation and suggestion on how to stop scamming.

32 posts in this topic

Just signed up on a road bike forum and all new members have to have the first 5 or so posts authorised by mods/admin before they can post on the main forum, surely that would put a few of them off but not actual members?!

I know we haven't had many posting recently but there's still quite a lot signing up everyday, just been lucky enough to spot them at the bottom of the forum and ban before they get a chance to start spreading their shite around.

It's a good idea, but we'd need a few more active mods for when you're not here!

I'm back full time now, just didn't get that much chance whilst I was off work

haha you got more time to be a mod when you were at work? don't be letting the employers hear that dave

The joys of being a signalman!

Any news on this? It is really important the feedback part, sometimes i want to buy/sell parts and it seems almost impossible to feel safety on the transactions..

Simple rule, pay as a purchase via Paypal then your arse is covered and get full address and contact details from the buyer/seller

Or, bring back the system that worked well at stopping the scammers from ever getting into the Classifieds, and had the added advantage of stopping illiterate chavs from posting shit everywhere?