Scottish club additional round?

kevind

The mystery additional round looks like it will go ahead. It will be at a bike festival in Aviemore on the 4th August. It will be all manmade sections much like Fort William arena sections.

QUESTION. Will anybody enter and do you want it as a championship round. Takes the championship back up to its usual seven events. Please give me some feed back (positive and costructive) before I take some days of work to go up and organise the section build.

Edited by kevind

Ah the interest, they will be making three 75m2 areas of quarrie rock and 100m2 of logs and tyres and and one more area of Scaffold and bits. I have let him know to give me a shout when he knows when the rock is being delivered. Camping on site as long as we tidy up in the morning before the festival starts. Sounds like it could be great fun. Glad to see some interest. Ben lovely rocks at (all rocks) Cockenzie, Killin and new Bob macgregor this year just for you!

• Like 1

Kind enough to give us a cheque and they dont make one in my size yet but maybe for Shipley at Bradford this year.

Dare you! Beers will be on me Saturday night.

i might even buy a mod specifically for it...

• 2 weeks later...

Its moving along 150+ ton of rock getting delivered next week. I will have a day up there and then head on to Fort William Friday and Saturday and maybe Sunday if needed. some big rocks being brought in at both venues. August the 4th is the date and I will put it up on the calender after I have set up the sections.

Sorry its all booked in for Thursday at Aviemore, as I will be at Fort William Friday with Lewis to set up the sections with the machine and the quarry guys. Then sorting out the other sections on the Saturday and maybe Sunday if required. But should be back down the road Saturday night. If you can you are more than welcome along to help. I will have cammy and Stuart with me again as my two are still at School and away that weekend with Mum.

Fancy making it the 3rd?

I have no idea what you're on about with that post, Kev.

Whats booked in for Thursday at Avimore?

Sorry its all booked in for Thursday at Aviemore, as I will be at Fort William Friday with Lewis to set up the sections with the machine and the quarry guys. Then sorting out the other sections on the Saturday and maybe Sunday if required. But should be back down the road Saturday night. If you can you are more than welcome along to help. I will have cammy and Stuart with me again as my two are still at School and away that weekend with Mum.

You have to much time on your hands Ben. When you work for your self you loose track of bank Holidays. They are giving me dinner and a room for the night is the booked part and Lewis is booked for Friday to help at the Bill along with the quarry guys and machine. Most of the rock is getting delivered through the week after and I am only going to advise on placement and some other stuff. I will probably be going back up again at some point.

I will speak to them next week, but it is their bike event and we are invited and the 4th is the date they have given me.

The venue is on the road upto the ski slopes.

while i appreciate that your story kev, and its one of my favourites, what about doing the competition on the third in aviemore? Is that not possible for us boys who really really want to be there...

Should be good. Set in the grounds of Glenmore lodge 150 ton of rock delivered and set up next week. 70 massive one of grippy (even when wet) boulders and lots of other smaller ones. It will be 4th August at their bike festival day. I believe the Clan are booked, Airbag is booked with many other stalls and demos , not a champ round this year, 80 beds on site with pool, sauna, rock climbimbing, resturant, bar and Glenmore lodge will be putting up prizes for each class. Rates to be discussed for beds but camping on site Saturday night will be okay as long as you are packed up by nine. I will be on site next Wednesday before Fort William to set the big boulders out. They will pack down and put blinding in between the rocks as well. First proper trials park in Scotland and free to use outside the event. Please try to come to this as it will be a champ round next year and will be mega fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Due to being away at the worlds with Aaron and work commitments I will not be able to organise Kinlochleven on the 28th of July. Sorry guys, will try to let as many people know asap. Aviemore will be going ahead the following weekend as planned and if no one objects can be counted into the championship for club memebers and still be a fun event for everyone else. It seems to be getting a lot of interest. Details soon.