Why brakeless is so unpopular?

clerictgm

You can even ride TGS without brakes.

But if in TGS if you really-really like some moves that can't be done without brakes, why almost every single street-trials(that alot closer to mtb:dirt/street and bmx) bike equipped with brakes?

And yet you can do almost all types of moves without brakes, so why there are only 1% of brakeless riders? It's really fun and challenging, and not so hard to learn. Plus this feel of absolute control of your bike, crazy balance and brilliant coordination.

Anyone can ride brakeless and stay alive(it's no more dangerous than trials with brakes). Some cool riders already proved that.

• Like 1

I rode brakeless BMX for a few months, and just generally found it not my thing. I won't knock it though, as I can appreciate how hard it is and the skill level involved, having seen flipp ride on quite a few occasions. I found in my brief experience you have to be very smooth, and its all about perfect timing. I ride with nige kilgar from hull, he was on a brakeless fourplay, and he rides it quite well

Why do most of the people eat their bolognese spaghetti without beans?

I mean with beans it is very tasty only 1% of the eaters actually like and eat it like that?

Why cant everyone it this food with beans????

• Like 3

Brakeless is boring and you're making yourself handicapped, that's why. I do appreciate brakeless riders, but it's not my thing.

I take it you've never ridden brakeless then? Boring is certainly not a word I'd use to describe it, in fact quite the opposite. It can turn a typical mundane spot in to something all together very different.

• Like 1

I take it you've never ridden brakeless then? Boring is certainly not a word I'd use to describe it, in fact quite the opposite. It can turn a typical mundane spot in to something all together very different.

Actually I have, quite a lot. No you're just limiting the things that you can do :) Everyone is different and if you enjoy it, then great, but I don't :)

Actually I have, quite a lot. No you're just limiting the things that you can do :) Everyone is different and if you enjoy it, then great, but I don't :)

Not being funny, but if you can do half the things to the extent say, Flipp, Mark etc... can do without brakes, I'd be very suprised.

Brakeless is ridiculous fun, though its much harder which may be why you/others find it limiting/boring.

Not being funny, but if you can do half the things to the extent say, Flipp, Mark etc... can do without brakes, I'd be very suprised.

I've never said that I can, or even anything about my skills brakeless....?

Brake less is limiting to some extent

Yeah, but equally when I went back to riding brakes I found that was too. Having brakes on meant that it changed my whole mindset for riding and the way I rode my bike, and that was the clincher for me.

EDIT: C-c-c-c-context - this was when I ran brakes again for a month or two earlier this year, although the fact I was a TGS mod basher for 7 years previously should sort of back that idea up about my riding changing with/without brakes.