has anyone made his own pad refills?

FamilyBiker

hey guys,been a while!

first,has anyone had some success with his pads yet?

second,i proudly present the first crash test dummies of my new batch.

they are great consistency-wise,exactly like my viz pads.

just need some test backings and a test ride

post-30389-0-80383800-1398454830_thumb.j

The 70a ones i made work rather well (smooth rim) imo sure i posted a couple of pairs out some where maybe, getting all the air out is a pain! also still need a mould too :( just been making blocks and cutting it in a bodge of straight edges and g-clamps and trying not to slice myself open haha. Anyone's welcome to a set of my offerings should they want some (Y)

• Like 1

Blackpool rock pads?

not really,i just wanted to give em this "crash test" look and had no yellow marker haha

if anyone has some old metal backings laying around i´d more than apprechiate them :)

for the mould i´ll probably get someone to 3d laserprint me one

Edited by FamilyBiker

yeeeeessss,i got it right,yaaaay!!!!!!!!1!!!one!

rode down the street a few minutes ago,bedding in the proto pads,with a sudden "honk" sound in my ears and a thought:

"why the f*ck do these selfmade pads outperform my cousts i rode just an hour ago,without even being bedded in???"

i´m having a beer now,i so totally deserve a few!

:)

• Like 1

update:first proper ride with the new compound.

maggie 05,2 bolt booster,echo clamps,echo backings.my pads.

needed a few more drags to bed in,then honked right away.they now make a sound like an elephant thats being castrated without narcotica,bite is amazing(best ever for me),hold is pretty good considering the state my rim´s in,dead grind with a slight rest of old tar.

slipped once on an edge i jumped on the wrong way intentionally,but only a few mm.

does anyone need some 1/3 worn cousts,i have no use for other pads than my compound anymore.

next plan:cnc guy makes bigger mould,pads galore!

Edited by FamilyBiker

guys,i need your help.

today i got some unknown backings from *gentlydoesit and their recesses are another size than my pads,which happened for the first time now.

they fit tnn,echo, and standard plastic backings(with slight grinding of the pads)

what arethe recess sizes of your backings?

echo have 17.25x7.7mm each with a gap of 11.5mm,the unknown ones 18x7.4mm with a gap of 11

i actually need the size of the recesses of the new style ones,are they exactly like the older ones?

i have to take them into account when cnc´ing the new mould,i want my pads to fit them ALL!

(with a bit of cutting here and there :))

Edited by FamilyBiker