has anyone made his own pad refills?

FamilyBiker

Could you not pit food colour on it and make it a better colour than green?

there is no better colour than green,sorry. :)

fixed :)

if you dont mind the first test ones being fugly i terms of surface finish,have a set mate.

edit:one set can be made in the "good mould" per batch,the other 4 sets can only be made with my selfmade mould,hence the quality difference.

"good mould" pads look like this:

img20140711072h5k6nc4a9.jpg

pic doesnt do them any justice,the new fluo green kicks ass big time imo ;)

Edited by FamilyBiker
  • Like 1

first proper ride on the new compound today.f*ck me,thats a pad!

(uploading at the time of posting)

i can honestly say thats the BEST pad i've ever ridden,not making commercials here or something,its just true.even my mates were impressed no end durig that ride.

bite is incredible,hold is great,sound is sick,like a little girl being driven over by a car :)

i am there,yes.

just need to sort the amount of pads i can make now,and get a pressure chamber,as i mentioned this stuff is thick like honey and its a pita to get the bubbles out.

• Like 3

no,really. :)

when youre slow and just doing bwh and stuff its that scratchy sound we all know.

if youre rolling a manual and stopping it to stay on the rear wheel its making that "screamig sound"

theres no better description i could've been thinking of haha

edit: also notice the overwhelming joy that i expressed at the end of the vid lol

Edited by FamilyBiker

bite is incredible,hold is great,sound is sick,like a little girl being driven over by a car :)

If you ever sell these that should be your tag line for your sales pitch.

Well done dude hope you get it right next time round when you make some more.

P,s the evil laught at end and that tag line ^^ you got your self a good horror film ;)

atm i have 6 sets ready,just for keeping it running i'd give some away for production cost plus a donation.

that new stuff is expensive unfortunately,a single set of pads cost me 4euros to make,because i only ordered a "trial version" of their stuff,need rubbergloves and plastic cups and stirring poles.and at least 2 hours of time before demoulding. but totally worth the effort :)

dont tell my wife that i just spent a good hundred euros on pad compound haha

nah,joking,she knows and called me crazy :)

Edited by FamilyBiker

I want some, ive pm'd you and unlike last time im serious. I really want some

And does trila hoe still make his, i have a pair he gave ne free when i bought something off him. Theyre very worn so in not goi.g to put them in backings

Also have you tested them with fizzy drink on the rim?

• Like 1

no,i absolutely never felt the need for beverage stuff on my rims mate :)

if its necessary i use tar,but so far theres no need for it with the new compound.

would you guys rather want heat treated,longer lasting pads with less bite or untreated ones with tremendous bite but higher wear?

just out of interest,playing with the thought of heat curing for a whole batch...

you mean characteristics i assume.

yes,hold is probably the most important factor for trials.but i for myself like bitey pads as well,that on/off feedback is very important to me too.

try the set i sent you,mate,i am pretty sure youĺl like them at least more than the last ones.

:)

you mean characteristics i assume.

yes,hold is probably the most important factor for trials.but i for myself like bitey pads as well,that on/off feedback is very important to me too.

try the set i sent you,mate,i am pretty sure youĺl like them at least more than the last ones.

:)

Yes indeed. Not sure how my Samsung predicted that spelling. They arrived yesterday. I will test them out asap.

so,atm i am discussing with a guy that can make me a bigger mould,and i need some opinions.

i know that heatsink backings have slightly larger recesses,theyre longer but smaller in width.

question:you guys'd rather cut pads to size and have a pad that fits every single backing or are y'all lazy and deffo want a dedicated pad for each backing?

last chance for me to change my design :)