Best looking 24" street trial bike?

nicolasp1405

i think it doesnt matter if they show it publicly now or if its copied by jaf or marino customers just one day after it was released but oh well...

:wink2:

Didn't spot this post - it's not really the JAF/Marino customers, it's more the way that other established companies are pretty keen on doing knee-jerk reaction copies of whatever Inspired does, so by showing the good stuff on the frame too soon it's just going to give people more info about what they need to do. Despite certain people trying to mine as much geo info from me/Ali about our frames as possible, no-one's really got the geo right yet, and that's one of the key parts of it (just ask anyone who's ridden our bikes). By putting too much info out there too soon it just means that Inspired lose out on the hard work they've put in. If I was being polite I'd say that the Ozonys steel frame up there was probably 'influenced' by Inspired doing a steel frame - I'd imagine Inspired would prefer that Ozonys would have to put some work in designing it rather than just directly snaking their design.

• Like 1

Hands up, I tried to build something similar to the new Inspired’s... Who wouldn’t want to, they're stunning. Well, it’s not the Inspired’s themselves that’s stunning, it’s the two small black triangles that float my boat.

I've wanted a steep HA and a short chain stay for years - years before the Inspired's were around. Ive looked at my bike side on and wanted my tyre sitting behind my bash guard neater and neater. Ive looked at my long stem in disgust. Ive stood over my bike and hated how far out my front axle was.

I'll admit, it was playing on Alis bike that pushed me to finally go for such a short frame. As for the Inspired’s, I don’t like the join from the BB to the chain stays. Looks too much like a Tesco BMX to me :giggle: (Or maybe it was the seat stays to the seat tube. Cant remember. It was a chode of a thing anyway)

And I think Familybiker has a point, whether its now or after they're released, copycat companies like Onza, Ozonys etc, are probably still shamelessly going to copy what’s in trend.

Edited by Ross McArthur

Got a Demo ridden Inspired Skye dirt cheap from the retailer here in Swe, think it'll do in this thread once i've got to put my hands on it, a hint, it won't be boring.

anyways, here's my "old" Onza Zoot DD, had it for 6 days...

Elixir 1 brakes, Superstar Components through pin pedals and Excel grips, 180mm rotor up front.

8877849258_010545431e_c.jpg

Edited by mjewl

it's more the way that other established companies are pretty keen on doing knee-jerk reaction copies of whatever Inspired does

I actually think its cool for Onza to copy the geo because they usually make something much cheaper which is great as there are plenty of people who can't spend 450 on a new frame. But copying the frame and going for a similar price point without all the work and testing that inspired put in sucks.

Onza Zoot DD, had it for 6 days...

and then the chainstay cracked?

lol,elixir brakes,how did they hold up?

they sucked so bad on every bike i´ve seen them yet

no pun intended,serious questioning

Edited by FamilyBiker

and then the chainstay cracked?

lol,elixir brakes,how did they hold up?

they sucked so bad on every bike i´ve seen them yet

no pun intended,serious questioning

i got hold on the Inspired skye for a £1000 less than retail.

got to say i was impressed, much brakes for £75, we'll see how much better Hope Trialzone feels, i can just compare them to Hope Tech M4's, Mono M4's and Tech V4's, Elixir R etc on DH-rigs.

for a beginners street/trials bike they worked fine after a proper bleed and setup.

I'm glad someone mentioned the price. Once the Inspired's come out, what's stopping someone waiting a week for a Jaf and getting something exactly the same for at least ~£100 less.

What makes Inspired's so much more expensive when Jaf the lad can throw one together in his shed?

• Like 1

What makes Inspired's so much more expensive when Jaf the lad can throw one together in his shed?

That, mostly :P

Josh does a good job, but he's not paid for years of prototypes, setting up the jigs, woking things out with manufacturers, going over and over designs and ironing out all the niggles i know they've had.

Any copy would still be a nice bike, but they're not gonna be a patch on the real deal.

• Like 1

I'm glad someone mentioned the price. Once the Inspired's come out, what's stopping someone waiting a week for a Jaf and getting something exactly the same for at least ~£100 less.

JAF don't really have the same overheads, nor does it seem the quality of the bikes is on a par so it's not really comparable. JAF bikes won't go through the same testing and design as an Inspired will. JAF don't have staff to buy, factories and shipment to pay and all the other things that incur costs of being a bonafide company. I haven't seen a JAF in the flesh but i'd be exceptionally surprised if it's anywhere near the quality of an Inspired so if it comes in only a little cheaper I know where i'd spend my money.

Also Orange mountain bikes are just made in a shed but they're usually more expensive than a more developed Far-East frame.