Danny MacAskill Reddit Q&A: Tue 18th June

Danny

Danny MacAskill Reddit Q&A:

Submit questions for Danny on Reddit: 18th June, 5pm UK.

Seen as his most ambitious project to date, MacAskills Imaginate promises to be a move away from Dannys previous riding clips, the hugely successful Inspired, Way Back Home and most recently Industrial Revolutions.

Of the project Danny says, I have had such a free-range to build the set ups that have allowed me to do the tricks that have just been in my dreams until now

A project that has been shrouded in secrecy will be exposed in its entirety on the 18th June.

To celebrate the premiere of the Imaginate riding clip, Danny will host an 'Ask Me Anything' session on Reddit on Tuesday 18th June from 5PM (UK).

Danny will answer as many questions as possible via text and video message so start thinking of some questions now!

Make sure you set up a Reddit account to ask Danny questions and get involved here: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/

post-1-0-83626100-1371546115_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-60788500-1371546211_thumb.jpg

Can someone clear up whether that 'first' video was called 'April 2009' or 'Inspired' for me?

It was "Danny Macaskill - April 2009 - Inspired Bicycles"

April 2009 was it's main title though, the Inspired was simply put as a title sponsor kinda deal!

Edited by krazykid009

It was "Danny Macaskill - April 2009 - Inspired Bicycles"

April 2009 was it's main title though, the Inspired was simply put as a title sponsor kinda deal!

I think it might be more of a 'clueless media types' kind of issue - this is the only time I've ever really seen it called that...

I've seen it called 'Inspired' or 'Inspired Bicycles' a few times here and there and it's always bothered me for completely irrational reasons. So we're agreed it actually had the (somewhat awful) title 'April 2009' then?

• Like 1

In fairness, "April 2009" was a reasonable enough title - I don't think they really expected shit to get as real as it did.

Well yea, of course. I've pretty much always believed that titles/names shouldn't be dwelled upon too much. People who spend about 4 months thinking of a band name rather than making any music, for instance. It doesn't matter that April 2009 has an 'awful' title, because it's a video that still has a lot of life in it because of the content. I just think that maybe the media lot use the 'Inspired' title because it sounds 'better', which is just wrong. Like calling you Jason because it's a 'better' name than Mark.

So many quotation marks.

One question: What the f**k is reddit? Just clicked that link and have no clue what I'm looking at.

Red Bull don't seem to understand Reddit either...they should have got Danny to set up an AMA (Ask Me Anything)

Reddit is a good way to sink and afternoon.