2013 BDS DH Round 4 - Llangollen (Video)

Lewis Gething

Hi everyone,

Here's a video I filmed this weekend at the British Downhill Series in Llangollen. The track was ridiculously steep and made for a real challenge for both the riders and spectators! Please bear in mind that I am only a 17 year old video making enthusiast and not a professional by any means so try not to be too harsh on me :P

Cheers guys, appreciate it as always! I wanted to pick a song that was different to the usual pop or electronic garbage that graces most of todays mountain bike videos, but I can understand that Machine Head isn't your thing (although I love them :P ).

Andrew - I am gonna take my camera gear to Barrow later this month and hopefully I will shoot enough footage at Radfest to compile a decent length video!

Lucky this didn't happen to you... I noticed you were filming on exactly the same spot as this photographer was.

Nice edit man, loved the music.

Yeah I was there when it happened, you can see me taking photos at the side of the jump at 28 seconds wearing black ;) It was nasty, looked worse in real life though for sure! Thanks mate ;)

Awesome video, pity you cut out almost 2 minutes of Imperium though, particularly as 4:00 -5:30 is one of my favourite parts of the song :P

Haha thanks a lot and yeah its a shame, but I felt that the video was getting repetitive and that I needed to cut some of the song out :D Hopefully non listeners are unable to tell though :P

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent video dude!!

Having ridden dh for years I know how hard it can be to capture it properly but I think you've nailed it to be fair!!

Hope to see more from you

James

Thanks so much James!

Yeah I did worry that the video was gonna turn out rubbish about half an hour into editing it, but I made sure I got plenty of B-roll to keep it interesting :P I wanna go along to watch/film a downhill event that is coming up in Antur Stiniog, so keep an eye out, will most likely post it on here if I do go :)

Lewis