onza zoot maneuverability

juantime

So im having a lot trouble shifting the zoot about im pretty strong so thats not the issue, I was just wondering whether it was the bike and other people are having the same problem, or its just me and im doing it wrong.

I cant manual consistently well on it, but when I get the front up without flipping the bike is fairly easy to maintain. The front is really hard to lift so it messes with your center of balance.

Also rotations like 180's and nose 360's are very hard to do, the bike just doesnt want to turn, its like everything about it just wants you to go in a straight line on two wheels.

Any help? Someone told me something about dropping your shoulder for rotations, but that made no sense to me, hey didnt explain what "dropping your shoulder" is.

would a longer or shorter stem help at all, for anything?

post-35968-0-92667300-1377565212_thumb.j

Edited by juantime

You need to change the forks and bars, (between them they weigh almost 2kg) a switch to either some Echo Urbans or Inspired forks along with some decent high rise bars will make a huge difference to the front end. Will also be worth switching the stem for a 70x30° or similar.

Great thanks, ill try get some money together and lighten the front ill switch the bars out too, I just dont want to go over £250 making the bike better as I got the bike for less than that.

ive had a look on tarty-bikes and for some Echo urban forks im looking about £80-£90 +p&p which isnt so bad, but im gonna try find some second hand forks before I go buying any.

if you know any better places for parts, or know anyone selling some please let me know

appreciate it.

thanks for the help.

I didnt know they sold parts on here, do I just search through forums of do I need to start a new one?

its just im not really sure how to navigate this site efficiently if I need to search for them, but ill give it a try.

Oh if while your browsing you happen to come accross some 24" forks or some bars, let me know if you can, thanks.