Stephen Morris - 'Mr Understanding' video.

Stephen Morris

I might mean Victoria Park haha, not really sure. Must have been getting on for 8/9 years ago now. From memory Chai made a short vid there once. I can't find it on google maps on either of the parks, could well have been destroyed / hidden under trees now though.

The bit to the left of the paddling pools is a cascade of fake rock type bits that do what you describe, which was the specific bit I was thinking of. That dried out paddling pool bit is the tits on a BMX/24 though. I think I posted some photos up on here ages ago from there, as possibly did Rusevelt. I think forum pruning has put paid to them though unfortunately.

EDIT: From looking at that video they're kind of similar. Saw some photos from near there from a BMX roadtrip so I think the Victoria Park ones should still be around even if the Battersea ones may or may not be.

Thanks for more positive comments everybody. I could be wrong, but I think you get to a stage when it's no longer about going big but just about having fun; hopefully that comes across. This is the first video I've made that doesn't have any good riders in it, just me, so I'm glad people still enjoyed it.

Yes Nick, the rocks are still there in Battersea Park, as are the ones in Victoria Park that Mark mentioned. The ones in Victoria Park are a bit squarer, probably as close to street as natural riding gets but it's in the middle of a children's playground so can be a nightmare at the height of summer. There is a cool skatepark and paddling pool area as well which can be fun diversions. Battersea as I'm sure you remember is more secluded, fairly compact and has a dirty little pond at the bottom. All the local spots (hexagons, tricks and stunts playground etc) have been demolished, but there's still some stuff to ride in the local housing estates. Brap.

The plan for the next video is either a video set in south London's housing estates or something in town at the lesser known trials spots if there is such a thing.

Stephen.