Such a hard choice (inspired arcade news and info)

nicolasp1405

Ok well lets go back to the main topic, so does anyone have any news on the arcade.

If any one have have taking pics of it i'll be happy to see them!! :)

There's a bunch of pics in here: http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/177684-inspired-arcade-cro-mo/

Mostly from Tartydays, I don't think there's many photos lurking as inspired are in Ninja Stealth mode with any info :D

Edited by SumoSam

Ali posted a pic up of his bike on Instragram just after he built it up: http://instagram.com/p/euxdXmA1g0/

He's the only one riding a production framekit though and the bike shown at Tarty Days is presumably at Inspired's office so there won't really be any other photos appearing until they're released.

Lol ozonys is already making a copy of the arcade, and yes its steel... ;)

http://www.spherebike.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=905&category_id=19&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54&vmcchk=1&Itemid=54

At least it not black...

Edited by nicolasp1405

"Approved, tested and designed by FREESTYL'AIR team."

Why didn't you say! Sign me up!

thats mint! id have that frame anyday of the week. would be a sweet brakeless setup too with the low bb

That'll be the triboluat brothers then will it?

There was a photo of a fairly gash looking build that Yohan built up with the first prototype frame a month ago, then that 'John' guy was riding it in the Roc D'Azur 2013 video that came out this week and Yohan's back on a King of Dunce (I think?). Maybe it just felt so good to ride Yohan didn't want to ride it any more.

attachicon.gifozony.jpg

71.5 Head angle ... :giggle::giggle: :giggle: :oops::oops:(N)(N)(N)

They claim it's 73° on their website. Bonus points for the upside down Ozonys sticker on the chainstay too.

does look steeper than 71.5° imo.they pretty much copied everything others have developed.tweaked skyeish geo,marino fork legs and rear disc mount reinforcement,arcade(ish) dropout concept...

correct me if i´m wrong

edit:and they seem to have a mechanic that doesnt care about paint damage when pressing in headset cups ;)

Edited by FamilyBiker

does look steeper than 71.5° imo.they pretty much copied everything others have developed.tweaked skyeish geo,marino fork legs and rear disc mount reinforcement,arcade(ish) dropout concept...

correct me if i´m wrong

Apart from them being horizontal and partially black, those dropouts aren't really anything like the Arcade ones.

Seems they've just gone for some generic forks, and the disc mount reinforcement is pretty standard? Most frames just use a kind of angled brace/tube like that...

Most frames just use a kind of angled brace/tube like that...

what i meant is the gusset under the front of the IS mount.

leon made a good point,too,whats up with that saddle not being able to go lower,they couldve made the seat tube that tad longer then,making the frame stiffer...or changing the st angle though :)

seen this on those czar (i think) street bikes,too.they were so ugly having the saddle looking half a meter above the toptube

Edited by FamilyBiker

That gusset's pretty common too though? It's on virtually every Echo, GU!, Inspired, Because, etc. frame. If you're designing a disc mount to actually be used it's pretty important.

But yeah, I know what you mean about the seat tube length. I don't particularly like super low 24" frames anyway, but when it's functionally compromised like that it makes it seem even stranger they just rushed it out as-is rather than tweaking the design (or actually taking it into account in the first place).

They could have made it longer, made it steeper, or used a different seat, at least let it point where the top tube does!

I don't agree with the laid too far back "it thinks it's a bmx" seat angles out there, but that looks equally crap, and it looks like the only way of sorting it is putting it up higher!

Seems unnecessarily small for a street frame too.

I'll think of more stuff later.

I do like the bars though.

Edited by LEON

To be fair, I prefer having a seat angled back a bit 'cos it means the wider, rear part of the seat is closer to the frame and less 'out there' to get caught up on shoes/jeans/whatever. Similarly, when I'm sitting down I find it's more comfortable tilted back a bit primarily because your back is naturally going to be arched (as in you're not sitting there with your spine bolt upright) so it feels better to have it more in line with the angle you'll be sitting at, if that makes sense...

I suppose it might make a couple off mm difference, but on a seat like this....

post-1701-0-22190900-1382126645_thumb.pn

It's pretty bulky, I reckon an Éclat or even an Inspired pivotal at a more neutral angle would give more clearance on the top and the sides.

Definitely comfier, but I've never actually considered comfort on a trials bike seat, my tyre is more comfy.