Such a hard choice (inspired arcade news and info)

nicolasp1405

Seriously, you can buy 2 top-level street/dirt bikes for that price. And one more thing: steel is cheaper, so why it costs more than fourplay? No need to say something about RnD it's not an electronics. And there are usual tubes, nothing special. I like my fourplay(will like it more, depends on how long it lasts to me) but this is overpriced imo.

steel isn't always cheaper, the price depends on quite a few things.

I assume you're on about 2 top level BMXs? The difference there is BMX is huge compared with trials, they can order thousands of bikes/components/frames (I think WTP sell hundreds of thousands of bikes a year if I heard correctly). If they only sold the volume of bikes that trials sells then they would cost a LOT more!

People seem to want the best but then complain about the price, companies can never win :(

Can you tell more about that? Maybe I'm stupid or there are some alien technologies that no one knows about used in manufacturing of that frame? The only thing I can see is to pick some good4all universal geo that would be better than geo of previous products.

About quantity - yes, you're right. But Arcade frameset costs like top titanium custom frameset. The marino and others custom cr-mo steel framesets with same or almost same quality (CNC BB and stuff) costs ~300gbp.

Edited by ТrialsRider

The marino and others custom cr-mo steel framesets with same or almost same quality (CNC BB and stuff) costs ~300gbp.

They're not.

Obviously there's a lot of different types of steels, then there's quality control, custom tubes/frame parts, finish of the frame etc, just because one steel frame made in a shed might cost £200 doesn't mean all steel frames are in that same bracket. You can get a cheap alloy frame from a factory in Taiwan for peanuts, that would be cheaper than a good quality steel frame so steel isn't always cheaper.

Most custom Ti frames will be upwards of £1000 barr one company which you'll have trouble getting a frame off any time soon.

Can you tell more about that? Maybe I'm stupid or there are some alien technologies that no one knows about used in manufacturing of that frame? The only thing I can see is to pick some good4all universal geo that would be better than geo of previous products.

About quantity - yes, you're right. But Arcade frameset costs like top titanium custom frameset. The marino and others custom cr-mo steel framesets with same or almost same quality (CNC BB and stuff) costs ~300gbp.

Sorry if this is aimed at Ali but you really cannot compare the arcade to a Marino. Marino frames are known to quite often come out wrong with bad communication and huge waiting times. Same sort of thing with triton however they do have a very good quality but that is reflected in the price. I cannot remember how much the quote i received was but it was a bomb Alot more than i think you pressume. That was a standard frame, none of the vast amounts extras they can offer. These were prices for just frames too. The arcade has forks too.

Steel is defiantly not 'cheap' either? Very much depends on what is used from plain gauge to multiple Buttings external being the cheapest to internal being more. There are many varients of alloy steel too such as 4130. I am sure this is extensivly reseached my inspired being they obviously wanna keep up their excellent reputation of high quality frames that are practically bomb proof. From what i have seen miat bmx bikes are rather standard like no special tensioners, one piece bb areas (not aure is this is on the. Arcade but certainly on the others). Plus inaoired really are reaxhing out no other trials company are offering this defiantly puahing the aport of trials which in my opinion makes the extra bit worth it.

Also inspireds customer service is as good as it comes which is the icing on the cake as not many companies offer this!

Sorry if this is aimed at Ali but you really cannot compare the arcade to a Marino. Marino frames are known to quite often come out wrong with bad communication and huge waiting times. Same sort of thing with triton however they do have a very good quality but that is reflected in the price. I cannot remember how much the quote i received was but it was a bomb Alot more than i think you pressume. That was a standard frame, none of the vast amounts extras they can offer. These were prices for just frames too. The arcade has forks too.

Steel is defiantly not 'cheap' either? Very much depends on what is used from plain gauge to multiple Buttings external being the cheapest to internal being more. There are many varients of alloy steel too such as 4130. I am sure this is extensivly reseached my inspired being they obviously wanna keep up their excellent reputation of high quality frames that are practically bomb proof. From what i have seen miat bmx bikes are rather standard like no special tensioners, one piece bb areas (not aure is this is on the. Arcade but certainly on the others). Plus inaoired really are reaxhing out no other trials company are offering this defiantly puahing the aport of trials which in my opinion makes the extra bit worth it.

Also inspireds customer service is as good as it comes which is the icing on the cake as not many companies offer this!

Last marino frame I have lasts me for 2 years, and then was selled, then cracked (she was 3 years old), then rewelded and she is still alive.

Details about manufacturing and reasons of expensiveness - why buyers must care about that? I don't care. The only thing I care is to get high quality product for price as low as possible. So the Marino is competitor to an Inspired. The only reason I ride fourplay now - it was easier to buy and no need to wait for 2-3 months.

What shoud do street-trials frames and forks?

1) Be strong and reliable

2) Be not too heavy, but they are already not too heavy so.. this point is meaningless.

As far as I know Marino frames are pretty strong, so it's not just a good alternative - it's must buy (also if marino quality really rised up now and he don't mess the geo) instead of one bad thing - long waiting.

Well, if you want to buy Arcade - do it. But my choice is marino.

Also one thing I really don't like in my Fourplay - it comes with ONE hanger. WTF? Can't they put 3-4? This hangers is really custom and you can't get one so easy. I thing it's really ugly(considering the price of the frame) because you may have a big problems when you broke one.

Edited by ТrialsRider

Marino is not a competitor to Inspired. The difference in strength, quality, construction and finish is huge. I would sooner pay £600-700 for an Inspired frameset knowing it will be strong, well finished, the correct geometry and has been thoroughly tested not forgetting that if any problems cropped up Inspired will sort you out. Also you say you don't care about manufacture and reasons for expensiveness, well correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that your original argument??

Oh hang on, your ip is from Perm in Russia where clerictgm was the only rider for miles? Goodbye.

Alright, I see you know much about Inspireds. How long is average lifetime of fourplay 2011 frames? Style of riding is pretty abusing (2m+ drops and stuff). And how easy is to broke fourplay hanger(it's CNCed as far as I know)? Just asking for myself. I pretty much enjoy the geo with 90x35 stem and TT HR and don't want to change this frame at least for year.

Youre fourplay wil last until you decide to sell it! And for the hanger if your carefull about not throwing the bike every where it shouldn't brake any soon, I still have the same for almost 2years... Yes it got hit pretty hard a few times, but its a bit flexible so it goes back in place in no time.

Details about manufacturing and reasons of expensiveness - why buyers must care about that?

Can you tell more about that?

Asking the reason for something, being given the reason for it, then asking who cares about the reason for something...

Are you sure you don't have an Omen frame?

• Like 2

If your having troubles with hangers you need to look at how your riding. I've had a hex since the forts came out, and now have my second hex. In the 3ish years I've use the hex I've only broken 2 hangers.

The hangers that are made are much Better then any other on the market. Standard hangers are shit.

Inspireds quality control and finish is like no other. There a reason they have such a good reputation.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for.

Asking the reason for something, being given the reason for it, then asking who cares about the reason for something...

Are you sure you don't have an Omen frame?

I'm sure in one thing - I'm not an advertising whore. And I ride what I want. Brands may go and f**k themselves. If parts are good - I ride it, if not - I don't, and will tell the others that this parts are shit. I don't want to see shitty parts which lifetime with newbie style of riding is one month on trials market. Trials parts MUST be better, stronger and more reliable than MTB analogs otherwise their existence is meaningless.

post-36295-0-07821300-1384754417_thumb.j

Edited by ТrialsRider
  • Like 1

^^serious with that cranks?

on topic,its already a good thing a mainstream manufacturer(as if one could call it that in trials lol) is jumping on the cromo train again.

as for the crmo is cheap thing,its a fact that steel alloys need 1/4th of the energy aluminium alloys need to be produced(not to mention the rare earths needed for alu) ,so even if the tubeset is an easton it´ll be cheaper than any alu tubeset at first,adding up to the price it has at the end due to crafting the buttings into the tubes,cutting,bending,heat treatment etc.(alu doesnt kill that much tools too, because its cheese ;) )

steels can have more changeable properties for one defined alloy than alu when it comes to treatment and stuff,also a bonus for being versatile in use.

the material itself seems cheaper,but isnt for the above reason

Edited by FamilyBiker