What sort of interview questions to expect.

AlexxRogers

I have an interview at BMW for one of their apprenticeships and I'm trying to gain an idea of what questions they might ask so I can prepare.

I've had a Google search but not much comes up. Only the typical questions like, strengths and weaknesses, why you'd be good for this job, etc.

Then there's some like; what is BMW, why do you want to work for BMW, etc.

Can anyone shed some more light on what they might ask?

All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex.

I've worked at BMW's distribution centre at Thorne, my father in law works there as well. Basically you gotta be passionate about cars, and not a complete donut. And don't forget its a German company, so efficiency, blue sky thinking and all that proactive stuff will be what they want to hear. They are a good company to work for, and will look after you if you get the job done. By the way, BMW stands for Bayerische Motoren Werke, or Bavarian motor works :)

I've worked at BMW's distribution centre at Thorne, my father in law works there as well. Basically you gotta be passionate about cars, and not a complete donut. And don't forget its a German company, so efficiency, blue sky thinking and all that proactive stuff will be what they want to hear. They are a good company to work for, and will look after you if you get the job done. By the way, BMW stands for Bayerische Motoren Werke, or Bavarian motor works :)

I'm very passionate about cars, it's something I've always wanted to do, so hopefully that will come across!

I knew about the Bavarian Motor Works thing, I've also heard the story about the logo being a spinning propeller and the blue colour is Bavaria's national colour!

Thanks for the info, appreciate it!:)

what are you trying to get your apprenticeship doing at BMW? engineering? also are you thinking oxford mini when you say BMW?

It's a service apprenticeship. I don't think so, my interview is at Sytner Nottingham, there's a BMW garage and showroom. Then the Mini show room is a separate building further down the road.

You might find that because it’s an interview for an apprenticeship, they won’t expect you to have much knowledge in the subject you're applying for, so detailed questions about engines etc. won’t come up.

It may be a wholly competency based interview, so they'll ask you questions about how you would deal with certain situations. They'll want to find out how you cope with all sorts of personalities, if you would stand your ground when you think you're in the right, if you would challenge your superior’s if you were asked to carry out a task which wasn’t safe…

Just make sure your communication skills are up to scratch. Don’t waffle, if you don’t understand the question, ask them to rephrase it.