Euphoric Effect From Music

isitafox

Bit of an odd one this but does anyone else here get an immense buzz from listening to music? I'm not simply talking about when a calssic tune you love comes on that you haven't heard for ages I mean like listening to something quite often and it hitting you emotionally everytime.

For me personally it's early to mid 90's dance stuff, not really chart tracks (though there are one or two that broke through) and some early happy hardcore. Currently I've been listening a lot to a live mix a DJ did earlier in the Summer and can guarantee that quite a few times I feel like I'm gonna burst into tears listening to it, I don't know what it is that causes it I just get a massive rush of happiness listening and can't help myself

Part of me thinks it stems back to when I used to go to raves when I was about 18/19 and it's a bit of a flashback from my youth and reliving the feelings I had listening to the music at that time, this could all be complete bollocks though!

Anyone get the same kind of feelings? Not after people posting individual tracks here that they like either just some discussion on the matter.

• Like 1

exactly what i experienced.i think its mainly what the music is linked to in your mind.for example:i am married and settled,its 20 years ago but theres a certain track that was a "our song" with my first girlfriend,and it still brings feelings to the surface,even that its not present anymore,i am not interested in even how my first girlfriend is,i dont care. think the brain does build links to areas in the brain where feelings grow,and this is saved for life.

(lymbic system)

another track makes me aggressive no end,without being aggressive in its style or genre,but i know why,and its a topic i dont care about now,too.

our brain isnt developed for media right now,too much hunting and killing left ;)

edit:and hey,my rave time:westbam,dj hooligan(aka da hool),prodigys gilted generation album,wow,still make my day those!

pure happiness from those i get,young skywalker... :)

edit 2:damn spelling mistakes,wtf is usic?in that context:uzic radio,check out!

Edited by FamilyBiker
  • Like 1

for me they are the.. deep/progressive/house/something hybrid/minimal (for example that you see in youtube on channels like majesticcasual, mrsuicidesheep, the sound you need, they all have nearly naked ladies/pretty ladies as a picture). I dont know how, or why, but when I listen to them I am instantly in the music, I am in a melancholic/euphoric/depressed/happy(lets say mixed) feelings, and they are just awesome. I believe that music is more than just vibes, they are much more than that

I was just thinking about this. I don't listen to enough music these days, but I occasionally re-discover that buzz when listening to certain bands. As you suggest, I think the attached memories have a lot to do with it.

If I'm having a boring night, whacking on some nostalgic tunes always gets me re-energized, but that doesn't sound quite as extreme as what you're feeling.

Now I'm gonna have to go and look at what bands are playing in the local venues, it's been too long!

. I believe that music is more than just vibes, they are much more than that

sorry to post again.thats exactly what a group of scientists found out:you or me (or everyone,if theyre right :) )like the music we like because it matches our brains brainwave pattern!

looking to find that study,was an awesome read...

edit:damn,it was in german

Edited by FamilyBiker
  • Like 1

I tend to listen to a lot of music and always have done. Certain music induces certain moods and always has done. I prefer to listen to music over watching tv as i am more productive listening to music. I really enjoy being out on my bike or out walking and running while listening to music. Dont know if this is really on topic or off topic but hey just my point of view

yeah,a classic.

we weren´t supposed to post tracks as isitafox said,but someone else broke the rule,so....

first time i heard that was in a club looking similar to the one in the vid lol

i was 16 (knew people to get into that club which normally was allowed at 18yrs)and getting into the rave/triphop thing full on

just gave myself that through my onkyo system,still intense as hell

sorry isitafox (A)

It sounds like a gay cliche, but music literally is my life. I have music on almost all the time and I experience what you're talking about.

I can easily get in from a night out and sit up all night listening to music full blast on headphones. I find different music for different moods gives me that feeling, not just one certain type.

• Like 1

damn,you´ve made me dig my nirvana albums out now!

about a girl,lithium,and, come as you are,sick!

edit:just noticed my lifes soundtrack is a pretty weird mix of grunge,metal,techno,hip hop and even jazz haha.

to give an example:dave brubeck quartet-three to get ready,my personal "good mood" sound for the ride home from work

Edited by FamilyBiker

Same here. I get it from a track/piece every so often, but they vary fairly wildly in genre and the sorts you're all talking about are absolutely not one of them.

There's just something about 90s dance that makes me want to die :P

It's definitely to do with triggering memories. It's referred to as "anchoring" in neuro-linguistic programming.

Every time I listen to Fragments of a Cerebral Dimension I'm immediately transported back in to the world of my favourite book since I had that album on repeat whilst reading it.

I regularly listened to and liked the album before I read the book, but now they're anchored to each other listening to it is tantamount to a religious experience.

Anchoring's pretty damned interesting and well worth reading up on.

Out of interest, how many people who get this feeling also play an instrument/have played an instrument in some sort of live gig/concert/show context?

I've had it with some songs I've listened to, but there were certain songs I used to play in the bands I was in that would do it every time we played them.