Andrei Burton- 20" in the Warehouse

craigjames

i have to admit when i saw the 20" i was dissapointed but there was some beast moves in that and was enjoyable to watch for a mod vid :)

I have to ask - why do people dislike mod videos?

This isn't me getting defensive or a dig, I just see it quite a lot and honestly don't understand.

It's a genuine question and I'm hoping for a real answer, not just "mods r shit n ghey".

This isn't me getting defensive or a dig, I just see it quite a lot and honestly don't understand.

It's a genuine question and I'm hoping for a real answer, not just "mods r shit n ghey".

my opinion is there's isn't that much great mod riders

there a lot of good mod riders but how many are that entertaining?

I get bored so much by mod riding(even at the highest level) most of the time I dunno why...

but there's exceptions though

you

benito

keita

craig lee scott

vaclav

a few other names I forgot

ps: I m riding mod myself

Edited by chimpanzyyyy
  • Like 1

It's just a personal thing? Always thought that the style on a mod looked a little too stop/start and not as fluid. The only people iv seen on mod that I like/liked to watch are yourself, Joe maher before he went to 24" and CLS back in the good old days. My proplem now is that with the natural progression of the sport i find most mod and stock video's to be this way due to the set up of the new school bikes and the way most moves come from the back wheel instead of rolling and keeping moving. im really enjoyng watchin whatever Ali C is doing at the min. much more to my liking :) I hope thats a better answer than ( Mods are gay) ?

Dale x

• Like 1

It's just a personal thing? Always thought that the style on a mod looked a little too stop/start and not as fluid. The only people iv seen on mod that I like/liked to watch are yourself, Joe maher before he went to 24" and CLS back in the good old days. My proplem now is that with the natural progression of the sport i find most mod and stock video's to be this way due to the set up of the new school bikes and the way most moves come from the back wheel instead of rolling and keeping moving. im really enjoyng watchin whatever Ali C is doing at the min. much more to my liking :) I hope thats a better answer than ( Mods are gay) ?

Dale x

Yes it was, thanks.

Kind of share Ross' feelings on this, but I guess you're more referring to the times when mods and stocks were ridden differently :P

Since I've been riding Mod, I've really enjoyed watching Mod videos - never used to like watching them though I can't put a finger on why.

Guess I can just relate to them more now.

Love watching the likes of Abel, Zhaoxuan and Benito ride now.

I rode rocks with Drei down in Torquay on Sunday on his mod. Was really impressive seeing him ride a bike that he hasn't touched in months and gel with it that quickly. Some beasty stuff was going down

Yes it was, thanks.

Kind of share Ross' feelings on this, but I guess you're more referring to the times when mods and stocks were ridden differently :P

yea, the styles of the 2 bikes had very different feels to them and rode completely 6/7 years ago but like i said i understand that its just natural progression.

there a lot of good mod riders but how many are that entertaining?

I get bored so much by mod riding(even at the highest level) most of the time I dunno why...

but there's exceptions though

you

benito

keita

craig lee scott

vaclav

a few other names I forgot

ps: I m riding mod myself

sam oliver is amazing, he needs to get some better videos out though. so is this guy https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=631149036898899&set=vb.100000114268971&type=3

and look at the height of this ! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151496663508462&set=vb.685798461&type=3

Edited by trialsiain

They just don't look as much as a mountain bike to me, that's why I didn't use to like them. I know there are great and amazing riders who I like a lot riding mods.

When I was a kid and I wanted to get into the sport for the first time I remember I looked online for trials bikes and as soon as I saw the mod ones I went "no, f**k that, I ain't trying this shit on this silly looking bike"; of course back then, I didn't know any better.

I ride a 24 though.

I'd agree with that, in fairness. In terms of outright being f**king amazing, outside of Benito, Abel and maybe Dani Comas, there aren't really that many beast mod riders out there. If you look at the 26" Worlds/World Cups there are quite a few riders who you could see winning it, but in 20" no-one really gets close. In Antwerp, there was only Benito who was able to actually try every part of every section - everyone else had to strato dab through some of it.

There are still some pretty stylish mod riders out there (e.g. Benito, Abel, Dani, Flipp, Vasha, Keita, etc.), but I guess there's just a smaller amount of them compared to 26" riders who are both good at riding and good to watch.

Related news though, that video was pretty impressive! I knew Andrei was a whopper on his stock, but didn't realise he was so good on mod too. Looked pretty natural on there (Y)

• Like 2