am i on my own in my hatred of football!?

Burglarboycie

Seriously, just watched the newest Jonathan Ross show. I really didn't think it was possible to hate anyone as much as I hate such talentless 'sportspersons' but good God I hate these wankers!! Wannabe gangsters and pretenders!! I HATE this sport more than anything else in the world

James

Edited by Burglarboycie

Only time I've slightly enjoyed watching bits of it is when at the pub and everyone watches.

But under any other circumstances I would rather watch the news over football and I hate the news ha. Also hate how into it some people get.

Not exactly hate, but it is quite a lot of bollocks. People get very excited over a bunch of dudes kicking a ball about, and people throw a whole load of money at it.

Rather than liking sports by watching them, you should like sports by getting off your ass and doing them. Hey, that's what this forum's about - a sport you have to do.

• Like 2

I tell you what's the most annoying about football - it seems to be some people's only source of conversation. It's like it's the only thing they're interested in. Then when they try to talk football to you and you return a blank face they're dumbstruck as to what else it's possible to talk about.

It must be the same as football here but without all the bigotry, racism and insane thuggery that blights the game here. Oh and hair care. But each to there own. South africa New Zealand game couple of weeks ago was one of the best, most intense sporting events I have ever watched. Why the govering body of Football do nothing about it is beyond me as in its purist form it is agreat game to play or watch. Love it when you get the "and what team do you support" question to which the reply is always just rugby. Their wee faces are apicture of complete surprise as the brain cells that cant compute.

I enjoy rugby but I know how you feel. Everyone in NZ is OBSESSED with Rugby, insane over it and I hate it so much. People look at your different and judge you for not liking it its that highly praised.

Love the game, hate what it's become. At the 'top' the players are too overrated, it is all about money and it has ruined the game IMO. I follow a team in League 1 and that is much more enjoyable to watch.

This. Having seen my team (Leeds) going from premier league/champions league challengers to the bottom of league one, now the championship, I am in the opinion that money has ruined the game. Tell me one player who does it for the passion, the love of the game, and would genuinely play for nothing, they love it that much. Not many from the last 20 years I can assure you. Shearer and Beckham spring to mind, but not many others

I used to have a season ticket when I was younger for swfc. They were dire at the time (Still are) and I played with my mates in Sunday league. As I got older though the parent syndrome for people started kicking in and the abuse and competitiveness I thought was ludicrous so I left and took up biking with friendly folk.

I still enjoy playing, mostly for fun though and follow football and appreciate watching a good game but it is taken way over the top I think at times.

One thing I hate is when people say well this soldier gets payed x amount of pounds and this footballer gets payed x amount of pounds and its not fair. They need to realise that's the way the world works and that footballers are payed that much cause there's so much money in it!