Should i get worried with this? Try-All Carbon Bars

Perez

It doesn´t make any strange sound, ridden for 6 months now, looks like the problem is in the painting.

Any of you got this, and then the bars snapped?

post-31495-0-84836000-1382488057_thumb.j

post-31495-0-38095500-1382488085_thumb.j

The picture was taken with a iPhone, maybe it´s better to take a macro one. But i think this one gives the real look.

Edited by Perez

Maybe get a sharpe blade and carefully remove he pain to see what's under ?

Maybe try some die prenitrant (spelling)

You spay it on then wipe it off then you spray on the reactor and if there is a crack it will show up when then both come into contact.

Maybe get a sharpe blade and carefully remove he pain to see what's under ?

Maybe try some die prenitrant (spelling)

You spay it on then wipe it off then you spray on the reactor and if there is a crack it will show up when then both come into contact.

This stuff is great. I would imagine that the chemicals would break down the epoxy in the CF and probly wreck them.

If there's cracks forming anywhere I'd say there going to break soon, best replace them before you smash your face.

This stuff is great. I would imagine that the chemicals would break down the epoxy in the CF and probly wreck them.

If there's cracks forming anywhere I'd say there going to break soon, best replace them before you smash your face.

I used it on some carbon forks before about a year ago or more, worked fine. I just cleaned it off after

Forks are still going some where I believe

A thought with these carbon bars snapping....

When they were originally designed and tested the fashion to run the bars inverted hadn't happened and they were used in a more conventional orientation. Rotating the bars forwards so much basically means that if any additional carbon was added to them in order to resist the forces applied, it is now in the wrong place.

That is of course assuming that the thickness of the carbon layup isn't uniform.

• Like 1

Yeah. They all seem to go there. As said I think it's due to the bar angle.

The first batch are rumoured to have had an extra wrap of carbon, making them last a lot longer. Not sure how true that is, but I've had 2 pairs of the originals that seem to have been absolutely fine.

The weight didn't change (if anything the later batches got a tiny bit heavier), so another unfounded Trials-Forum / Facebook rumour goes to the sword... -_-

The very original batch used a weave rather than unidirectional carbon, and each different 'style' of bar will have been made at a different factory I reckon - that plus stupid bar angles is the reason for breakages IMO.

I guess it all boils down to the fact that carbon isn't as consistent in its production when compared to metals. Some really big riders have had absolutely no issues with these bars, even with a forward angle. I'm running a set now that look battered... will see how I get on.

I guess it all boils down to the fact that carbon isn't as consistent in its production when compared to metals.

Depends who's making them I reckon. A good factory will have very tight quality control from raw carbon to final finishing, whereas a shoddy one will just buy any old carbon with a poor control over resin percentage and infusion, lob it in the mould with less care and attention to the layup procedure / position, wang some graphics on and fire the product out. You can make very high quality, well controlled carbon parts but the cost will be higher. Same with any product I think, no matter what material.

• Like 1

are the trial tech ones anygood or do they also die?

Meek broke his...but I think other people have ran them with success for a long time.

I'd probably trust the Trialtech's more as their stuff seems a bit more solid

Depends who's making them I reckon. A good factory will have very tight quality control from raw carbon to final finishing, whereas a shoddy one will just buy any old carbon with a poor control over resin percentage and infusion, lob it in the mould with less care and attention to the layup procedure / position, wang some graphics on and fire the product out. You can make very high quality, well controlled carbon parts but the cost will be higher. Same with any product I think, no matter what material.

This^^

With trials companies there's isn't a lot of money that can be thrown around unlike big mountain bike companies or road companies due to the smaller market. Due to this a lot of products are just made on the cheap to keep the factory running, which is why trials carbon bars are a little fishy in my eyes. Pretty complicated procedure, shitty factory in taiwan knocking them out.

It's a bit less worrying with alloy's as it's a basic(ish) material that is so common you can get fairly high grade for fairly low price due to its large uses.

Meek broke his...but I think other people have ran them with success for a long time.

I'd probably trust the Trialtech's more as their stuff seems a bit more solid

This^^

With trials companies there's isn't a lot of money that can be thrown around unlike big mountain bike companies or road companies due to the smaller market. Due to this a lot of products are just made on the cheap to keep the factory running, which is why trials carbon bars are a little fishy in my eyes. Pretty complicated procedure, shitty factory in taiwan knocking them out.

It's a bit less worrying with alloy's as it's a basic(ish) material that is so common you can get fairly high grade for fairly low price due to its large uses.

Yup. More so now than before with trials parts too I think. I was looking at a super old eno freewheel yesterday and the quality of the outer ring was incredible. It felt so solid and durable.

This was accentuated especially when comparing it to the 'premium' echo sl next to it, funnily enough it was in 3 parts