Martyn Ashton Card/Pressie Thread UPDATE 07/03

isitafox

Right peeps here's the deal, I'm organising a sort of gesture from us people on TF to the legend that is Martyn Ashton.

If people want to write their own cards and send them to me and I'll box everything up and send it all as a job lot over then PM me and I'll provide details of my address to send cards into. Any other suggestions for bits and pieces and/or gestures towards supporting him and his recovery feel free to throw out ideas in here!

EDIT: As part of this I'm gonna put together a scrapbook so if you want to send a 6x4 pic of yourself riding/your bike/whatever and write a small message on it with a marker pen then I'll add it to the book. Might be worth writing a note I can stick in next to the pic to make life easier!

I'm gonna set a deadline of 19th January to get your bits in to me then I can organise a book to put it all in and get it sent out!

GET YOUR WELL WISHES (CARD/PHOTO/MESSAGE SCRAWLED ON BIT OF PAPER/MBUK MEMORABILIA) IN THE POST BY THIS SUNDAY 26TH JANUARY!

UPDATE 16/12: As some of you may already know Tartybikes like to make a donation to charity each year so this year they have agreed to donate £2.50 for each person who sends a card/picture/message for the scrapbook to Martyn's favourite charity. We obviously want to raise a fortune so make sure you get my address and get something sent in, also if you know anyone who doesn't use the forum very often spread the word to them!

UPDATE 01/01: Had a few through now and whilst I know who some are from could people put their name and town where they're from on the back so I can write it with the pic?

UPDATE 21/01: I'm extending the deadline to this weekend so get your pics and messages sent through, If you need my address just PM me and I'll send it you. Doesn't need to be a massive paragraph even a 'get well soon' would show we're thinking of him!

Edited by isitafox
  • Like 5

It would be cool for someone to buy a big card sign it an then post it to the next person until everyone signs it and then posts it back to you. Just an idea.

Yeah I thought that too, could work. But what if one person gets lazy and doesn't post it on? Plus the size of a massive card like that doesn't fit through letterboxes.

That would be cool but it might be a bit time consuming sending it around to all of us.

Like I said in the video topic, I am down for pitching in for a present.

I also thought I would copy this suggestion into this topic. It might be a more efficient way of making it more personal.

How about a ecard sort of thing. We could make like a giant collage of riding photos with personal messages on from each of us. We could set a picture size, make our own pictures, then get someone with the abilities to make something of them all. I think that would be cool.

^ true but, I've always found handwritten stuff much nicer gestures. People can easily send texts saying Happy Birthday but that wouldn't be the same as getting Birthday cards no?

Unless you get a video montage of people saying get well soon, something over the internet wouldn't be as nice imo. That just made me think, someone putting a get well soon video together and popping a dvd in with it for him could work too.

Edited by JMCD

I reckon cards is the way forward, maybe get a pic printed up that you can write a few words on and send that out. If groups want to do a big thing between them like a collage or a video then thats great but I think getting a full on forum collection is just a logistical nightmare!

• Like 1

I have a plan which I think would combine both being personal and also being practical.

Each send Dave a photo 6x4 and write a small message on it with a marker pen. Then (if you'd be willing - I certainly wouldn't mind doing it myself if time etc is an issue) sticking them all into a small scrap book. I'm sure we could get a good 50 or so photos in there and it would contain some lovely messages.

Without him I would never have got into the sport.

• Like 1

I'm happy to do that, got all the time in the world in here so no problems on that front. I'm gonna chuck one of the TF tee's in for him as well (maybe a bit cheesy but I think it's nice) so any other bits people want to add then feel free!

If I give it until say 12th January do you think that's sufficient time or would it be best to give the whole of Jan??

I'm sure people can get on the case before 12th Jan.

I have loads of riding pics already printed off and I'm many others do too. Can post mine this week.

I think the tee idea is a nice gesture. It's important to make this fella realise how integral he is to the sport especially in the UK.

• Like 1

I'm sure people can get on the case before 12th Jan.

I have loads of riding pics already printed off and I'm many others do too. Can post mine this week.

I think the tee idea is a nice gesture. It's important to make this fella realise how integral he is to the sport especially in the UK.

If people care they could do it within a week easily, nobody is THAT busy to not be able to print a picture off, write a message on it and get it posted!

That's my only reasoning to put it off then everyone can do it after the xmas rush! I'll set the deadline at 19th January, that gives everyone a good few weeks to get sorted. I don't want to leave it too late as it'll probably take me a few days to sort a book out and get it all put together and sent out!

• Like 1

Yea, he was making a funny about 1 moon being equal to 1 moan due to the frequency (in terms of quantity, not pitch) of his moans. I hope it's still just as hilarious after I explained it :P

Anyway, this idea is great. I shall get something printed out and sent to you Dave. The difficult bit will be what to choose and what to write!