Martyn Ashton Card/Pressie Thread UPDATE 07/03

isitafox

Cannondale gets another nod and thumbs up from me. I still want a Volvo trials frame.

It’s the season of generosity and Cannondale Bicycles have taken the decision to donate to Martyn Ashton to aid his rehabilitation since his life changing accident in September. During one of his shows at the Silverstone Moto GP, he fell from a 3-meter platform dislocating the T9 and T10 vertebrae and leaving him paralyzed below the point of injury.

Martyn has been generous himself recently with the release of his inspiring new ‘Road Bike Party 2’ video, currently topping six million views on YouTube after only a week, inspiring millions around the globe.

Martyn used to be a Cannondale sponsored athlete and is friends with many people in the company and an inspiration to all the employees there, therefore the decision was taken to make a donation to help the significant costs involved with Martyn’s rehabilitation. Mongoose Bicycles rider Chris Akrigg and the infamous Danny McAskill helped finish RBP2 as Martyn’s injury occurred whilst he was half way through filming.

Martyn made his living from performing in live shows and making videos - which he loved to do. However the accident has left Martyn in a wheelchair and in need of support to adapt to the new life he will be leading. The costs of home adaptions, medical equipment and the associated costs of ongoing care will be significant.

Donations as a ‘gift’ via PayPal can be made to martynashton@me.com

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151902241101843&set=a.98198306842.90991.88041336842&type=1&relevant_count=1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right guys, I'm very sorry to say this but from all the people asking for my address I've so far received 4 cards and 2 of them came in the same envelope!

Was hoping to get this all sorted for the end of the month not only cause I've got a baby on the way but I also didn't want to leave it that long since the accident. Please try and get something together for us to send Mart, even if it's just a picture of yourself riding it shows how many people are thinking of him and don't forget that the more people that send stuff in then the more money Tarty will donate!!