Martyn Ashton Card/Pressie Thread UPDATE 07/03

isitafox

I did ask for people to spread the word to those that don't come on here but sadly like you say there isn't as many members using the forum. Think I got about 25 requests for my address in total and most sent a pic in, got a couple more due next week then I can crack on putting it together.

Even if he doesn't make a recovery and you never know with strong willed people like him, he'll definitely be involved in many handicapped cycling sports and the next video we see from him I hope will be something like this:

Bike-blog-downhill-four-w-001.jpg

I can see him using the velodrome as a way to recover or get to grips with everything but I can't see him not moving to something more extreme.

sorry I'm slack been meaning to sort something for this, is there still time if I get a picture and message sorted in the next day or two.

Can't believe so few have bothered though, going to try and get a few of my mates who no longer ride roped in for a group card at least.

I can remember idolising both him and hawsy and back then VHS was all we had so for a lot of us older riders his videos were more than just inspiration, without them the sport really wouldn't be where it is. Sounds really cliche but nonetheless true.

Edited by swill

Can I suggest a massive extension on the closing date of this? Get this a booming topic.

In the least disrespectful way possible, Martyn isn't going to recover overnight, let's extend this and show him full support trials forum.

THE MAN'S A GOD

Let's get this posted on all the trials related facebook pages too. It'd be so nice to get 100 odd pics/messages together for the guy!

Can I suggest a massive extension on the closing date of this? Get this a booming topic.

In the least disrespectful way possible, Martyn isn't going to recover overnight, let's extend this and show him full support trials forum.

THE MAN'S A GOD

Let's get this posted on all the trials related facebook pages too. It'd be so nice to get 100 odd pics/messages together for the guy!

Agree with the first 3 lines, definitely!

The last bit - wondering if this might work better as a surprise? There's a good chance Martyn will see it if it goes on FB...

• Like 1