My quite unattractive build

marshole82

"Easy" job then lol

Anyone know why my frame is stickered up BULLDOG and if this is the original paint job?

Should be, I've got an external headset I can use, that and the bb are the only hiccups I can see. Only thing I'm going to fin strange is that it's nearly 100mm shorter than my mtb. Should be fun

Think I'm getting a Planet X frame to transfer all the parts off my mtb onto, I want something I can play about on but still a bit trialsy. My only worry is my forks maybe a little long for it

Ive been riding trialsy on my Kona Cinder Cone. Serious fun, tempted by some brakes with a little more power and a Pro2 on the rear. Suprised this shimano hub hasnt gone bang yet.

Deore arms, XTR or SD7 lever, linear slick cable. Pads depend on what riding you'll be doing though personally I'd go for trialtech pads or heatsink yellows in heatsink cnc v backings with a grind

tried and tested by your good self? these are LX...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Retro-shimano-deore-lx-br-m600-v-brakes-front-and-rear-/321315266739?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item4acfe1e0b3#ht_331wt_1184

or did you mean the newer black deore ones?

i wont run a grind, at least not yet. am looking at the onza pads from tarty for £5 a pair - the reviews look good, anyone tried them?

Edited by marshole82

heatsink yellows - i'll remember that for when i'm up and running!

I've just bought myself a front hub. i'm using my big mammoth rims until i'm sure i want to do this and can afford a trials setup, but it currently has an atomlabs 20mm axle hub. so £20 delivered for an echo hub didn't seem a bad idea.

once it's here i need to try my hand at wheel building! joy!

There's a good guide in the beginner's forum for wheel building which I use and works a dream. Mammoths will be fine for now, I used them when I used to ride years ago. Still got my old back wheel in full use on the back of my Dads mtb!

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/80777-how-to-build-a-wheel/

If you want to keep a smooth rim then try the heatsink yellows, they're awesome but deadly when it gets damp!

Also, those LX arms should be stiff enough!

Just seen the price of the yellows....ouch £50 for front and rear. Can't afford that unfortunately! May have to plump for something cheaper, half. That cost :-(

Anyone have any idea what these guides on the top tube are? The 'normal' guides follow on all the way to the mech hanger, so I assume these other ones are for the rear brake but I can't see how they provide any force against the pull of the inner cable?

20140215_205838_zpsjdzisjdz.jpg

20140215_205848_zps4md4vm5y.jpg

Edited by marshole82