My quite unattractive build

marshole82

The seatpost is 27.2, and the clamp is 31.8. I've just had to get one for my zebdi build

Anyone know if this is the right size for a mk2 zebdi? Can find anything on Google and when this reply was added I don't think I'd identified as a mk2?

WHOOP new forks on damn its heavy up front!

IMG-20140421-WA0002_zpszst21ql0.jpg

New forks meant that I even managed to get a spacer in lol

20140421_204758_zpspp37opdt.jpg

Got some onza cranks coming, only cheapo ones but good enough for a beginner. So brake for the rear and I'm done! So close I can taste the brick in my face after I stack my first 1 foot wall lol

• Like 1

may well have them ross, but i want to give this a ride first and see how it is. i'm almost a complete beginner, not having even bunnyhopped for about 10 years + !

if i'm honest the whole thing needs to be better with better parts, i'd change all of it if i could lol so i'd be happy to grab a stem, some bars, disc brakes, better frame, new headset, nice wheels blah blah lol

I'm gonna see how it rides before I spend any cash on bits like that, I don't have the b duet, even for postage!!! Lol

I did get some cranks from eBay though. Plan was to get a good setup for the Kona and run the raceface on this, but it was cheaper to get this onza setup. £35 and its a full crank ring and bash.

Now I need a rear brake cable and a half link to get the chain tension right.....

Eventually I will ride!

Its finally built and I've been for a spin!

20140506_203353_zpsbavub0kp.jpg

There's no pics of me riding....and to be fair I learned a bit in just 10minutes...

1. I have lost the ability to do anything other than pedal

2. My rear wheel wobbles like jelly....bearings?

3. V-brakes aren't great

4. I can't seem to get my chain the right length despite trying both 16t and 18t rears with a full link chain and with a half link inserted. Bah.

I also learnt that I love how shitty it looks. And that I don't care about it.

Edited by marshole82
  • Like 2

I like it. I reckon you may be right about the bearings. The cheap onza pads a good with a grind to get the v's working better. Do you know how to make a spoke tensioner? They're perfect for sorting your chain and sticking to your budget. (Get a shorter stem).

I like it. I reckon you may be right about the bearings. The cheap onza pads a good with a grind to get the v's working better. Do you know how to make a spoke tensioner? They're perfect for sorting your chain and sticking to your budget. (Get a shorter stem).

I have no idea how to fix bearings or make a tensioner...any help?

And why a shorter stem? What benefit will I get?

it screams " I dont have a huge budget but I will ride something anyway"

I love it :)

Ha! Well the bars, forks and cranks are the same colour...and they're the same rims front and back! Weird anodised green fetish though...love it

I have no idea how to fix bearings or make a tensioner...any help?

And why a shorter stem? What benefit will I get?

Ha! Well the bars, forks and cranks are the same colour...and they're the same rims front and back! Weird anodised green fetish though...love it

Dude

I have anod green rims

(and will have anod purple hubs in the future but psst :) )

• Like 1

The stem being long and low with a low bb will make the whole thing feel too long and stretched out. The bearings are a case of packing them out somehow and the tensioner is something thats easy to do but hard to explain (properly anyway).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...