Charity trials event in Sheffield city centre, 30th March

Not really a competition, but seemed like the best place to put this.

1509159_10152164699107920_248137758_n.jp

As many of you will have already seen, there is a trials event coming up in Sheffield city centre on Sunday 30th March.

Biketrial Sheffield is a charity biketrials event being held on Tudor Square in Sheffield from 11:00 until 16:00 on Sunday 30th March as part of Sheffield's 100 Days to the Tour de France festival. Organised by Sheffield Hallam University events management students, with support from BikeTrial Federation UK, it is a practice/fun event with man-made obstacles laid out around the square. There will be some fun competitions as well throughout the day, including high jump, gap jump and speed trials contests, with medals for the winners.

Entries are available online via the events page of our website at a price of £11.00 (all proceeds after costs will go to the Cathedral Archer Project, helping Sheffield's homeless) and are limited to 60 riders on a first-come, first-served basis. Buy now to avoid missing out! It's free for spectators and some of the UK's best riders will be in attendance, so it's sure to be quite the spectacle!

We hope to see plenty of you there in March!

Tudor Square, Sheffield:

1781946_10152165733772920_1500415755_n.j

• Like 1

Hello,

Im currently a event management student at sheffield hallam university, this event is being ran alongside BikeTrial Federation, myself and 3 others students as part of our degree, the event is in March due to our dealine for this task and because we are apart of the Tour De France opening weekend. This event is purly for fun, to allow you trial bikers to practice and have fun on the man made obsticals that we have created for you. There will be some fun competitions as well throughout the day, including high jump, gap jump and speed trials contests, with medals for the winners. Just a fun day in all!

Thank You

• Like 1

Thank you

i will come down 1st thing, i quite like helping out with the heavy lifting

Thank you all for your support, it is for a good cause! Please make sure you buy your tickets if you would like to ride, I cannot say if they will be tickets available on the day. There is only 60 tickets available, Half of the tickets have sold already.

Look forward to seeing you all there (Y)

Thank you all for your support, it is for a good cause! Please make sure you buy your tickets if you would like to ride, I cannot say if they will be tickets available on the day. There is only 60 tickets available, Half of the tickets have sold already.

Look forward to seeing you all there (Y)

• Like 1

Hey Laura,

Are you able to give any details on the amount of space we will have? Will the area be fenced off with barriers?

Will there be anything more than sleepers and pallets to ride on?

I’ll be traveling down from Glasgow and just want to know if it’s going to be worth the trip. I don’t want to be trapped in a tiny wee space with 60 riders all trying to get up the same pile of pallets. Sorry if that sounds harsh but im sure everyone else would like to know what the set up plans are? Do you have any drawings made up or is it just going to be a case of, here’s XX amount of pallets, here’s XX amount of sleepers, now the "clerks of course" have two hours to build something for 60 people... How are the pallets going to be secured? Ratchet straps or nails? What type of pallets is going to be used?

If you want, I could post examples of what other street trials events have looked like which might help you organise things for us to ride on?

Hey Laura,

Are you able to give any details on the amount of space we will have? Will the area be fenced off with barriers?

Will there be anything more than sleepers and pallets to ride on?

I’ll be traveling down from Glasgow and just want to know if it’s going to be worth the trip. I don’t want to be trapped in a tiny wee space with 60 riders all trying to get up the same pile of pallets. Sorry if that sounds harsh but im sure everyone else would like to know what the set up plans are? Do you have any drawings made up or is it just going to be a case of, here’s XX amount of pallets, here’s XX amount of sleepers, now the "clerks of course" have two hours to build something for 60 people... How are the pallets going to be secured? Ratchet straps or nails? What type of pallets is going to be used?

If you want, I could post examples of what other street trials events have looked like which might help you organise things for us to ride on?

I know Ben Swales, the Shepherds and the Moorewoods have been involved - maybe worth giving them a shout too Ross.

I didn't think about the space to be honest - but your right, 60 riders is a lot, the venue page has a picture - ill send you it over on facebook.

Hi Ross,

I understand it is a long distance to travel and I am very grateful that you are wanting to come this far to support the event. I can assure you that what we are providing is of good quaility and there will be enough space for you riders, this is why we have had to limit ticket sales to just 60 riders. There will be barriers around the the whole of the event so that non riders cannot access, but the sections are going going to be open within the barriers. There will also be observers within the barriers to make sure that there are not too many riders around one section.

We are finialising site plans at the moment, so when we have everything drawn up to scale I can provide you with more information. The obsticals are being made before the event and there will be some height to them. You are best of asking Robin and Ben about how the pallets are going to be secured.

Hope this helps?

Laura