Charity trials event in Sheffield city centre, 30th March

Robin Morewood, Nigel Shepherd and I will be working on the obstacles. Robin's planned them out and we'll be building stuff beforehand to bring onto the square. We'll be setting up early in the morning, laying out the pre-built stuff and building some other stuff. The obstacles Robin's planned so far will be plenty of fun and will provide enough variety to keep you entertained on the day. If you get a bit bored of the setup, most of the stuff will be 'modular', so it can be moved around to create new setups. The majority of the obstacles will be made from pallets and sleepers, but Nigel's looking at sourcing some cable reels and other bits and bobs as well.

We'll have plenty of chicken wire etc. available to add grip to the obstacles should it rain, so hopefully the weather shouldn't be an issue.

If anyone fancies bobbing along early on the Sunday to give a hand with unloading and setting up, any help would be much appreciated, likewise at the end of the day to get things loaded and cleared off the square.

But yeah, I think the stuff that's being provided should be plenty to keep everyone busy and that there should be enough space and obstacles so that it's not crowded. That's the plan anyway.

if anyone needs somewhere to kip the night before i can probably put up a rider or two...

Are you far from the event? I'm considering going up on the Saturday and riding somewhere, so would need to crash somewhere Saturday night.

For those saying about have far to travel, it's 235 miles from Bournemouth to Sheffield, and for Ross McArthur it's 255 miles from Glasgow to Sheffield at a 4hr 30min drive each. There's no excuse to miss this due to distance.

Edited by Nick Manning
  • Like 1

Are you far from the event? I'm considering going up on the Saturday and riding somewhere, so would need to crash somewhere Saturday night.

For those saying about have far to travel, it's 235 miles from Bournemouth to Sheffield, and for Ross McArthur it's 255 miles from Glasgow to Sheffield at a 4hr 30min drive each. There's no excuse to miss this due to distance.

i'm about a 25 minute walk from the event. i do work saturdays so i won't be about till about 8pm though

Edited by ogre

Sitting around the 500 mile mark. No one can say that its to far away for them ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm off to do an interview with Laura and a few uni bods on Thursday afternoon, to discuss bike trials and stuff like that. Apparently its gonna be in the local paper and various social media outlets. Best have a wash and shave then

• Like 1

Wolfman, Aaron will post up where we are riding on Saturday. The Duke family is coming, Caron has us in a posh city centre hotel, better then the usual back of the van!! Should be fun, Si not riding but he will have his video kit with him to catch the good and the bad bits!

Wolfman, Aaron will post up where we are riding on Saturday. The Duke family is coming, Caron has us in a posh city centre hotel, better then the usual back of the van!! Should be fun, Si not riding but he will have his video kit with him to catch the good and the bad bits!

Long time no see!.. Yea looking forward to this though, hope the weather stays decent.

Yup looking forward to a couple of days off.Si has been rugby six days a week through the season and is only going to ride some events this year. He hasnt been on the bike all winter but come the summer he will hopefully get some practice in. He is playing Saturday away, Sunday away at Blairgowrie 10s tournament, Wednesday in the SRU schools tournament, Next Saturday at home and then three training sessions with the under fourteen falcons squad!!! Iain here you have been snapping frames!! looking forward to getting back to work!!

• Like 1