Dual disc Echo 24" 2014 - build thread UPDATES PAGE 2

wilf

That bike with some Conti's and saints would be sexual.

Saints* will be mounted this weekend and I'm not gonna spend 60€ on some tyre.

*Actually a Zee caliper and some SLX 665 levers that don't have the free stroke adjustment (that doesn't work anyways) and have the same color of the frame.

Haha, why did you call it Saints then?

Anyway, you've spent what looks like a shit load on the build already. If a jobs worth doing, its worth doing well. So put some smelly Conti's on it.

Because they are practically Saints 810. It's the same breaking power.

I don't want those Contis as I have some new High Roller Super Tacky and Swamp Thing Super Tacky still lying around in my shed, and on the front a Conti would be too wide and heavy.

Edited by niconj

My contu is unreal on my radix. Definately a wise inveatment in my opinion.

I don't doubt that but I am way worse than my bike so that I'm in no need for such a conti. Do you ride it on the front as well?

It might be in stock here in Germany and shipping isn't too expensive. Would still be cheaper than buying it from Tarty I think. I bought it at 295€ and shipping to GB doesn't cost more than 15€. Thats 245GBP.

Edit: You want me to give them a call?

Edited by niconj

I guess that HE does. It's not a very big store. I know that he said that he had one frame still, when I called. I don't know whether he was referring to mine or still another one. It's a damn good price init?

Oh and by the way. The webpage is on the frame.

Edited by niconj

Yes but if you have been waiting since christmas maybe you could save up the extra and an ozonys would be stronger.

Good point but I haven't really been waiting since christmas, I probably had one point in April where I wouldof bought one if they were in stock but then I bought a motorbike. :P

I think now I'm going to buy everything else at once so I can build it straight away to remove the temptation on building it up with other spares hence why I didn't buy the frame first.

Got a few new bits to share aswell, changed the cranks thats I'm going to use, second hand but uber pimp...

You have beaten me but I think you'll want mine once its finished ;) I'll upload pics of the few new bits I've got soon.

I didn't really like the color of your stem but I don't doubt that your bike will be stellar!