Dual disc Echo 24" 2014 - build thread UPDATES PAGE 2

wilf

1. I hope you have a large supply of inner tubes or decide to run silly pressures. They're pretty crap tyres really; paper thin sidewalls, not very grippy at all and if there is a hint of moisture then they're useless. Just an odd choice for the type of bike and the standard of the rest of the build.

2. Fair enough, a much better choice! More in keeping with the rest of the spec.

Have you ever ridden a set? I don't understand why people slate them so much, they're mad grippy in both dry and wet on street. Everyone who has ridden both my 24's with them on say how unexpectedly good they are.

Lack of grip? What are you using for tyres, chewing gum? They're mad grippy and roll well, so they're awesome.

At the moment Monty Pro Race tyres.

Have you ever ridden a set? I don't understand why people slate them so much, they're mad grippy in both dry and wet on street. Everyone who has ridden both my 24's with them on say how unexpectedly good they are.

Yeah I have and they were lethal in the wet, pinched if you looked at them funny and were just a bit poo. This was a fair old while ago, so if DMR have changed the rubber compound then fair enough. In my experience they are a fairly cheap tyre and a fairly odd choice for a high spec non street trials bike.

Well I totally disagree, I find them grippy as hell rain or shine and have never pinched a tube, yes I do run DH tubes in the back but I'd rather do that and never get punctures.

It is a street bike, just one with a high BB. :P

• 4 weeks later...

If you have a rear 135mm freehub though your range of adjustment with the cassette spacers are generally enough to get stuff sorted out.

Just re-read this post. What does the freehub have to do with the front screw on sprocket touching the bb yoke? Adjusting in the back wont change the position in the front, only the chainline.

• 3 months later...