New 24" - Ozonys Iron

janjan

It's called neo chrome, and the only place that I know of that does it is in the U.S. It's also hideously expensive.

http://easternbikes.com/portfolio-items/oil-slick-finish-frame/

If you look at the above link, Eastern said it was too pricey to put into production!

same here

he said it's very expensive

so will be the frame

I mean plain and simply how many Inspireds do you see out and about? How many King of Dunce's or whatever they're called do you see?

Note that Tartybikes do not stock the KoD. The way I see it, this could be for one of two reasons. The first one you can probably guess so no need for me to type it out, the other is that Ozonys has yet to master the art of distributing their products (that's really the kindest way I can put this). The Inspired distribution system is completely flawless in my opinion and pretty much the best you'll find in the trials industry, the same goes for their marketing. To put it short, Inspired is just an incredibly well managed company. At the end of the day, this has a direct influence on how many Ozonys bikes there are out there, and how many Inspired bikes there are.

• Like 1

Note that Tartybikes do not stock the KoD. The way I see it, this could be for one of two reasons. The first one you can probably guess so no need for me to type it out, the other is that Ozonys has yet to master the art of distributing their products (that's really the kindest way I can put this). The Inspired distribution system is completely flawless in my opinion and pretty much the best you'll find in the trials industry, the same goes for their marketing. To put it short, Inspired is just an incredibly well managed company. At the end of the day, this has a direct influence on how many Ozonys bikes there are out there, and how many Inspired bikes there are.

Aye, I know, that's what I'm getting at.

P.S. As Mark has just said I remember seeing King of Nonces on Tartybikes previously.

TartyBikes have stocked all the different versions of King of Dunce frame as far as I know. Was always interesting seeing the latest version - a quick "Spot the new gussets" game...

Ok, my bad. Went into 24" bikes and didn't see a single streety Ozonys, perhaps they're just out of stock.

If it was, that wasn't the reason that the 3-4 people who ordered a King of Dunce frame over the phone from me gave. I've seen people on here say they'd be tempted by one just for the 'different' thing too. There are obviously pros and cons of both though so that might have come into it somewhere.

Fair enough.

I bet people who say they want something because its different dont really know the true reason for wanting it in the first place. Sounds like they've shrugged they're shoulders and said "I dunno, cos its different".

These types of people seem to "follow the crowd" more than they think they are/want to believe they are.

Some people also read too much into things. They should probably take a chill pill and work on that...

• Like 1

There's a custom build here too. Generally, most people who ordered them cited their reason for going for the Ozonys over the Inspired was that they wanted "something different".

The Ozonys KOD2 in my opinion was the nicest one they have made to date. It was similar to a inspired but had a shorter rear end so for some riders at the time that would have been a good thing it also had a direct post mount which looked ace! I do remember both Tartybikes and Crazybike having to put these frames on offer which when I see frames with a decent discount on to me it just looks like they don't want to be lumbered with them any longer.

Seeing other companies keep trying things are pretty rad, I have to hand it to Ozonys they are doing their own things as far as geo and details go!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

900 EUR for frameset. The most of it's price are for the colour.

http://www.trial-bikes.com/cuadro-horquilla-ozonys-iron-p-537122.html?azx=1920

Description and materials
- New Iron 24” frame + fork kit, the top-of-the-range model specially designed for Street trials from French brand Ozonys.
- Includes the new Ozonys Iron 24” frame and fork, not available separately in our web.
- It’s a unique, special edition for Street trials, with multiple updates like the new Rainbow finish in frame and fork, a treatment 30 times stronger than anodizing that makes this a unique kit.
- Now, the seat tube doesn’t need an external clamp since it features a bolt that allows an easy setup of the seat.
- Developed and tested for months by the Ozonys FREESTYL’AIR Street team riders, like Yohan Triboulat.
- Exclusive Iron fork design, made from high quality CR-Moly steel, designed for using with a 15mm through-axle (included in this kit), which provides extraordinary stiffness when compared to quick release. Tested and 100% certified with a Hope hub, that fits perfectly. If you own a standard-axle Hope hub, it’s very easy to convert it into a 15mm through-axle by using a Hope adaptor.
- Both the frame and fork are made from high quality CR-Moly steel, which provides the necessary strength required in a Street bike.
- Dedicated design and manufacturing make this a high quality Street trials frame.
- The head tube is gusseted to the top and down tubes to increase its strength.
- The frame has a +20mm IS disc mount, for using with Ø180mm rotors, mechanized in one single piece with the non-drive side dropout.
- The fork features a 160mm IS (international Standard) disc mount, with a 200mm long steerer tube.
- Extra long dropouts, specifically designed for chain tugs (not included with the kit, available in our web here).
- 100mm long, 1 1/8” head tube, for using with external headsets.
- A 27.2mm in diameter seat tube must be used.
- High quality Rainbow finish, with white Ozonys Iron graphics.

Geometry
- Space between dropouts: 135mm
- Bottom bracket shell: 68mm
- Head tube: 100mm

- Wheelbase: 980mm
- Chainstay Length: 360mm
- BB Rise: +0mm
- Head Angle: 74.5º

Fork dimensions
- Hub length: 100mm
- Steerer tube length: 200mm
- Offset: +35mm

Finishes
- High quality Rainbow finish.
- White Ozonys Iron graphics.

Complete Weight
- 3,558Kg (2.303g (frame) and 1.255g (fork))

Additional information
This frame comes with 12 months warranty covering manufacturing and materials defects. Damage incurred from collisions and impacts with obstacles may have a negative effect on the outcome of any guarantee claim.
If you have any doubts, please contact us on info@trial-bikes.com

usado_por_.jpg
pixel_trans.gif

Edited by Dachshund

That bb/chainstay area could use some beefing up it's similar on all of the three steel models. Personally I think the smith looks the nicest/geo wise but all seem to be lacking that whole "buy me" aspect that Inspired manage to have each time they bring out a new frame.

- Extra long dropouts, specifically designed for chain tugs (not included with the kit, available in our web here).

usado_por_.jpg

pixel_trans.gif

Catalogue job I guess?

EDIT: Also, the tensioners that Ozonys use on their bikes are pretty long if memory serves so they'd need to be longer to accommodate them too.

Yea, it looks like they've put more thought into designing a "functional" and/or "new" tensioner and not put much thought into making it neat. So the drop out has to be massive due to the size of the tensioner. :/

Just wait for the new steel Omen.....

So what?

Only idiots think that steel is a rip-off. How the kek material may be a rip-off?

Geo? Only HA. Maybe.

The main problem is that prices are crazy high on this steel frames (Inspireds/Ozonys/any other). Seen BlackJack? It would be selling just for for 185 gbp. And the quality are the same (made in Taiwan). Inspired has pretty much competitors right now:

4 frames from Ozonys: Styl, Smith, Iron, King of Dunce 2014.

1 from CrazyBike

1 from OMEN (it's not a rip-off, it feels completely different and looks great, brutal and oldschool and I'm saying all this despite of I don't like it's geo and sold my OMEN after 2 weeks of riding it)

2 from Because

1 from SAW

1 from this strange stupid brand I even don't remember name of, TCS or someting (that Leo Nobile rides).

2 from CZAR

And 2 from ONZA

Marino Archive and any custom frames from him.

And maybe some other nondescript stuff.

At least Ozonys Iron, Crazybike BlackJack, OMEN (and maybe latest Marinos, not sure about'em) has same quality as Inspireds.

So competition logically must reduce prices on the market.

About pricing: Console, Arcade and Iron(most of all) are 100% overpriced. Yep, it's absolutely normal in terms of economics, because Inspireds are like BMW/MB cars, part of the price you are paying just for brand, not for quality, good geo and other important characteristics.

For example 1xx x1 series of BMW - cars are total poor crap but they costs really much for the crap, because they has this BMW icon on the bonnet.

I'm not whining, just saying that steel frameset that costs 500-600 GBP? This is ridiculous! Look at the MTB Street market and you'll get it all instantly.

So remember that partly you're paying just for Inspired label.

I anyway don't see an alternative for myself and ride Inspired frames, because I like them, no matter how much they will cost.

Only one bad thing I may say about Inspired: why we have half of a warranty period? Make WorldWide warranty or something? Why when I buy Inspired stuff I have a warranty like on chineese Because parts?

About Ozonys - because of them:

4d69d9b9f298452d6d7b0d8cf92c3273.jpg

You can't just do some really cool color and think that you're on the top like an Inspired and put a crazy pricetag, that is higher than Arcade's one. Arcade are better in all ways than Iron.

Yep, Iron is a good frame too, lots of improvement since Styl, but it's not so good to cost 900 EUR. I though that Iron would cost no more than 650 EUR.

Edited by Clerictgm mk2