Big wheel bike videos

Tom Booth

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/10/2020 at 8:56 PM, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Someone on PB was saying it might be a different wheel just with a 'dead gear' as he changes wheels for that one shot then switches back to the i9 for the next shot.

i9 do have a free coaster in the works I believe. Christian Rigal filmed a video for i9 and has many coaster clips in it too. 

Also...this...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 04/12/2020 at 10:28 PM, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

The Old World currently available on Red Bull but only for 48 hours I think:

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/films/the-old-world?autoplay=true&linkId=106301519&fbclid=IwAR23j1BVGTFq7F-JK_9cAxAVmhQHF4clqP6ZKnXhFJeibQ0hoyhCJRfiFwE

Nothing that special to be honest in my mind...

Quite well produced, I'm 18 mins in so far. Seems more focused on cinematography than the riding so far, some pretty cool shots and some massive jumps though.

I just can't believe they went to all that effort and didn't get a decent shot out of it.

Normally, drone footage seems completely useless, but this is one case where it would be legitimately useful.

IF it was a follow-along shot. Screw the artsy stuff for now. That would have been so much better if there was just a simple follow-cam, either from the side, or above like they started to but seemingly the pilot couldn't steer it all that well :lol:

Go do it again with a drone flying alongside at a matching speed, actually showing the line for how it is, then I'll love it.

• Like 1

Yep. Would have taken just a complete GoPro run to be fair, thought we were going to get one when they showed a couple of jumps in a row but then it went back to what felt like the same 3 shots they'd used for the rest of it.

Agreed about the drone shots too. Think drone pilots think you have to have those swinging, 'dynamic' shots to make it look 'cool', but it's just annoying to watch for the most part. Same deal with one of Fabio's videos a while back where he was filmed by someone with a drone, and I genuinely couldn't watch it because it started triggering a weird motion sickness feeling.

Hopefully they'll have a 'proper' run video of it up at some point.