New Inspired Fourplay Pro/Console bikes

Mark W

Inspired launched some new bits and pieces at Tarty Days, including the new Fourplay Pro:
L_INS_Fourplay_Pro_Red_Rear_Side.jpg
L_INS_Fourplay_Pro_Silver_RH_Side.jpg
The frame is quite a bit different to the previous model Fourplay - they've changed to an internal headset, forged dropouts with a new tensioner system (rather than the hanger setup from before), new BB yoke, and some new tubing here and there. It also has a shorter CS length and slightly lower BB compared to the older frame. The spec is different to the previous Fourplay Pro too.
L_INS_Fourplay_Pro_Red_Bar_Detail.jpg
L_INS_Fourplay_Pro_Red_Dropout_Detail.jp
They've also released the Console:
L_INS_Console_RH_Side.jpg
Designed to be a slightly cheaper version of the Arcade, it features a slightly tweaked frame and fork with a different wheelset and brakes.
L_INS_Console_Rear_Side.jpg
L_INS_Console_Bar_Detail.jpg
L_INS_Console_Gusset_Detail.jpg
L_INS_Console_Crank_Detail.jpg
  • Like 3

Looking good, is the console the frame that Carl's been riding then? Or something to that effect??

Also any idea on the geo?

Yeah, the Console is the frame that Carl and Ben Rowlands have been running for a while.

Geo's in the links to each bike (in the 'Specifications' tab). From memory, the Console has a 362mm CS length (with 22:16 as standard - it'd be 364mm the Arcade has if you run 22:15 instead), +25mm BB and a 74° head angle.

Not sure on prices, sorry! The Console is roughly Fourplay Pro level in terms of spec so it'd be at least the current Fourplay Pro price I'd imagine - it isn't going to be around the Element/Flow bikes.

• Like 2

does the new fourplay frame look similar to the skye or is it me?

@mark: i was speaking to the inspired lot at tartydays and i THINK the console is £1400.00 and the fourplay £1300.00, cant quite remember so nobody take my word for it.

I'd ride the shit out of that Fourplay, not sure about that tensioner system though.

Is it true the warranty's void if you use a 203 rotor?

my skye's warranty goes void if its anything bigger than a 185mm so probably, dont know why though

I'd ride the shit out of that Fourplay, not sure about that tensioner system though.

I believe the production tensioners are going to be slightly different to the one in those photos, but either way they should be fine - that sprung double jockey wheel system is pretty much the same as the ones they've been using forever on the Trialtech tensioners (in fact it's basically the same thing), but they've given it a more secure anchoring point on the frame now so it's much lower profile and should be much stronger. Pretty much a win-win really (Y)

EDIT: The front end is a little high on the Console which kind of distorts it a little - it's potentially coming with fewer stackers on it, but we'll see what happens...

Love the colour on the console but is it just me or do the forks look a tad on the skinny side?

As Leon said - being steel forks they can be pretty slender. The slight taper on the legs seem to make them look skinnier than they are too. They're basically the same forks that Ali, Sean and I have been running for ages, and I think Ben's been on the same set of Console forks for quite a long time now (his Console prototype frame's a year old, and I think he was running the forks not long after he got the frame). They're pretty tough (Y)

Yeah I like all the detail & stuff, I think it's all in that front end. Trialtech tensioners are greatt, the positioning just reminded me of that dodgy looking prototype Zoot on here a few months ago.

Ah, fair enough. The arm's positioned in such a place that you get the most wrap possible around the rear sprocket, but you can also take the rear wheel out without having to mess around with the tensioner which is a nice touch.

As Leon said - being steel forks they can be pretty slender. The slight taper on the legs seem to make them look skinnier than they are too. They're basically the same forks that Ali, Sean and I have been running for ages, and I think Ben's been on the same set of Console forks for quite a long time now (his Console prototype frame's a year old, and I think he was running the forks not long after he got the frame). They're pretty tough (Y)

Ah, fair enough. The arm's positioned in such a place that you get the most wrap possible around the rear sprocket, but you can also take the rear wheel out without having to mess around with the tensioner which is a nice touch.

Completely forgot they were steel!

Is it just me that thinks the new headtube on the fourplay looks ugly and bulky? It looks 'unfinished' , almost an afterthought. I much prefer the look of the tradition headtube with a nice set of hope cups or such like. The headtube on the blue Skye looks loads better than this

• Like 1

The blue Skye has oversized forks so size wise it all matches up a bit better, this has just the headtube, but I like it.

Always wondered...is the head tube longer to make up for the 20+ mm of headset you're losing so front end height stays the same height? As the stacker/stem situation all looks the same.