Unable to Copy/Paste/Quote in IE

I've noticed for a while now I'm unable to copy and paste anything on Trials-Forum, also when I click "Quote" to reply to a specific persons post in a thread my message box will remain blank.

I'm running IE 10/11 and switching to Chrome makes everything work as it should so I can paste website links and use the quote/reply buttons just fine.

Any ideas how to fix this problem in IE? I tried "Restore Advanced Settings" in case somehow I turned off the ability to do so, but everything works ok on other websites its just this one I have the problem with..

I know, that probably you have heard it 100 times, but IE is not a stable enough explorer to use

As most of the people uses either Chrome or Mozilla, the web engines are more optimized to them rather than IE

Can you highlight the text and does Ctrl C+ Ctrl V works?

This is the only website I have a problem with, CTRL + C and V work fine on every website and I can paste into word and such just not in forum posts or even messages on here..

I use IE as I dont really like change, I've had Firefox and Chrome before and didnt like them, websites like Facebook and such seem to be in a slightly different font/size than normal and it annoys my eyes :P

I noticed if I press the light switch button (top left of the reply thing) it then allows me to paste and use the quote button in internet explorer.

Could be something to do with the Java and/or Flash plugin for IE. I know if I use the standard forum view on my mobile I don't get the options in the reply box like bold, italic, etc I just have to stick with plain text.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...