Phoenix Street Jam - London 10/08/14

Elephant & castle is really close or you can easily cycle from Waterloo if you meant a main station

What time is the Jam going to finish?? Need to get back by 6pm that's why i'm asking..

As a few of the guys have hinted towards there's no set finish time & it's all down to how long people wanna ride for. I expect we will wrap things up in terms of challenges & prizes by 5/6pm but there will be a large focus on spot challenges & prizes throughout the day so it won't be all about 1st, 2nd & 3rd :)

Look out for a prize update tomorrow!

In terms of road closures I guess this is the main info (found via that link on above post, to the prudential ride London info):

post-4314-0-69083700-1407360493_thumb.jp

If it helps I rode street in London last year when the same event was on, drove in & parked in a similar area & it wasn't too bad. Any day apart from sunday & I guess London would be a nightmare, but it was just normal London busy. While the roads are closed you can obviously still cycle along them & use footpaths so it's only the journey in & out that you need worry about. Last year we just jumped in with the cyclists in the official "Prudential ride london" ride (It was the first day of the 24 Tour).

Edited by yain

At the moment, they said on the forecast they're unsure of what the track for that low pressure front will definitely be (as it's coming across the Atlantic from by Canada), so it may not hit quite as they expect it to at the moment. Hopefully, anyway...

Gotta be in it to win it.

Can I just say..Be careful what you give to whom. I hate seeing prizes being given out then them being on EBay the next day because the winner has no use for them.

Can I just say also..Make sure and give all the prizes out. Don’t just say you will then dish them out between the organisers, like they do in the British comp rounds.

image_zps9680e17d.jpg

Edited by Ross McArthur
  • Like 1

Morning all, there is free parking on Great Dover street, Spurgeon Street & Balfour street, among others. (Lots of roads permit holders only Mon - Fri, this means free on weekends unless it says you can also pay at machine) all very near the meeting spot. Webb street also near by & free at weekends

Hey, got home a little while ago. Thanks so much, Ian for arranging the ride today. Really enjoyed it, and was awesome to see some insanely impressive riding! Honored to have my own Phoenix Street Jam Tee! Great riding everyone, glad we hit some spots despite the largely shitty weather... Still the coffee, shower and dry clothes afterwards have never felt so good! DRY FEET!!!!

Thanks everyone!

• Like 1

Ian - thanks for putting this together, i had an ace weekend and really glad I made the journey down. As i said to many, it was really good to ride different spots then the usual, and found myself pushing myself well out of my comfort zone, its been a while since i've done that anyway...

It was really good to meet some new guys and sit back and watch the many skills people have.

Weather didnt stop us too much all in all, lets hope for another ride of similar style again soon.

Definitely be back down to london sooner rather then later.

• Like 1

What those guys said! Had a really good weekend. Fun ride around the place on Saturday, then meeting up with everyone for Sunday was bueno. Glad the weather held off too (well, for the most part) for you too Ian, would've sucked to have put all that effort in to then have it totally rained off. From the way people were sessioning that first spot I reckon everyone would have missioned through it anyway, but I'm glad for filming purposes the sun decided to make an appearance :P

• Like 1